Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
white this in terminal:
"root" or "sudo gainroot"
"echo 70 >/home/user/custom_brightness_settings"
"cat /home/user/custom_brightness_settings >/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness"

if you do the above and decide to install / use queen beecon than it is advised to:
In terminal:
"rm /home/user/custom_brightness_settings"
"exit" - to exit root
"echo 160 >/home/user/custom_brightness_settings" - make new settings file with user not root privileges
"exit" or close terminal
if these steps are not taken the beecon widgets cant write to custom_brightness_settings

replace 70 with to brightness level you want (0 to 255)

if you want to test a level just write in terminal
"echo 70 >/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness"
I havent tried yet , will test when i get home ... but i have some sugestions already, instead of using couldnt you make a status bar applet like simple brighness instead of using differente queenbeacons ?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
I havent tried yet , will test when i get home ... but i have some sugestions already, instead of using couldnt you make a status bar applet like simple brighness instead of using differente queenbeacons ?
im not that experienced in programming but if anybody wants to make a simple brightness applet let me know. but for now it works really well with the beecon

But the best solution will still be:
Find where the 5 standard values are store and edit them to 5 customs values.
than you would only need to edit mce.ini and nothing else.

The best thing about this mod is that like zerocool2k just pointed out that it can be made with a slider function so that the user can select just the right level to suit.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-22 at 21:19.

Since simple brighness app is open source someone could just edit to make it work, it has a slide there to choose between the 5 levels

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Since simple brighness app is open source someone could just edit to make it work, it has a slide there to choose between the 5 levels
yes, just need to be changed so instead of basically choosing the 5 standard levels, it just needs to be changed to:
- have a setting button to set the 5 values
- and than just using the echo commands to settings file and ../acx565akm/brightness

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Is LED notification light brighter after this or is it just my imagination?

i haven't noticed, but i would make sense to include the LED light with the light sensor.

Is it supposed to save my brightness level or is it normal to have to set it every time the screen turns off and on?

For example, switch to L1 (very dark), then press the switch on the side to turn off the screen. Press it again and screen is much brighter than L1. Need to press the L1 widget to make it darker again.

mine does not do that, thats weird.
when i select L1, and turn the screen off & on, it stays on L1.

im assuming you did "all" the install things:
Terminal - "root"
go to custom_brightness dir and
Code:
sh ./install
edit mce.ini and remove "filter-brightness-als;" from "Modules="
make beecon widgets.

Im using the same install, when i finally made this install, i deleted all the files i used to make this mod and than did the install as i have described here

How to install custom brightness

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-22 at 23:02.

I think figured out why.

The daemon in init.d sets the brightness level from /home/user/custom_brightness_settings

The beecon widgets store the brightness level in /home/user/bright_setting

every time I turn screen off and back on, daemon is resetting to the value in /home/user/custom_brightness_settings which never gets updated.

Is this your intended behavior, or should daemon and widget both use the same file for storing the brightness level?

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
I edited so they all use the same settings file and now everything works as I expected, bright level is preserved

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen