Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Anatolian View Post
flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 --flash-only=kernel -f -R
That command will flash the ubiboot kernel.
If you want to restore harmattan, you should flash for example zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ İstanbul
yes its booted two choice after reinstalled ubiboot, it seems not bad as alternative to meego but meego is much more fluent and not tiring the head. maybe this is not native sailfish it would be nice to experience native sailfish on xperia x or jolla phone. how it sounds on jollaphone or xperia x? does it good experince to use sailfish due to meego?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anatolian For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Anatolian View Post
it seems not bad as alternative to meego but meego is much more fluent and not tiring the head. maybe this is not native sailfish it would be nice to experience native sailfish on xperia x or jolla phone. how it sounds on jollaphone or xperia x? does it good experince to use sailfish due to meego?
SFOS on N9 is native OS, it is just very old version and not very optimized.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
SFOS on N9 is native OS, it is just very old version and not very optimized.
excuse me to jump in;
Are you saying that SFOS runs better on N9 than the Meego ?!

The Following User Says Thank You to ShinAkuma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma View Post
excuse me to jump in;
Are you saying that SFOS runs better on N9 than the Meego ?!
No, that is not what juiceme was saying at all. Please read his post again. He was merely pointing out the word 'native' in Anatolian's post. Sailfish on the N9 is just as native as Meego, i.e. running directly on the device's hardware, not emulated. That may or may not be what Anatolian had in mind but for us tecchies, the word 'native' has a very clear meaning in this context.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No, that is not what juiceme was saying at all. Please read his post again. He was merely pointing out the word 'native' in Anatolian's post. Sailfish on the N9 is just as native as Meego, i.e. running directly on the device's hardware, not emulated. That may or may not be what Anatolian had in mind but for us tecchies, the word 'native' has a very clear meaning in this context.
! That's what I had thought ! Well..Thank you for your quick and kind reply-review!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShinAkuma For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish