Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
After working on my N800 for the last few months to bring it up to speed and get everything working the way I wanted, I realized that just as everyone here says, the N800 is a great device because it's so capable, but it's certainly not that capable out of the box and if you don't know what you're doing, it can be quite difficult to add those much desired features.

So here's my general question: is there any interest in a better "out-of-the-box" package? At the moment I'm thinking N800, 8Gb or 16GB SD card, USB OTG adapter with:
OS 2008 pre-installed
Canola2 pre-installed
RT-Comm update (Native IM support) pre-installed
That new email app that is MUCH better than the built in one (the name I presently forget) pre-installed
All of the common repositories setup
Desktop link/include some lessons by default from krisse's TabletSchool site (with permission of course)
Some extra themes maybe?

It'd probably sit somewhere around about $300 Canadian depending on whether you choose 8Gb or 16Gb card.

I know the device and parts can be sourced and purchased separately probably for a little less than this if you look hard enough and are lucky, but the extra cost here would be for a one point solution to purchase a complete, ready to go out of the box device.

Thoughts and feedback?

Thanks,
-Rob