Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
can anyone tell me the yahoo settings for mail for exchange as I cant get it to work and deleting messages from the yahoo website is driving me crazy!

if you're just trying to set up a yahoo email account on the n900 then you need to work with messaging.nokia.com - go there and set up an account, enter your yahoo mail info, and then activate a nokia messaging account on your n900.

It syncs great and instantly. haven't been able to get the subfolders to work, but i think i just didn't try hard enough. be careful when you delete emails on your n900 - they will also be gone from your yahoo email, for good! personal knowledge, don't ask...

good luck,

Last edited by bfritsch; 2010-04-25 at 11:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to bfritsch For This Useful Post:
my yahoo im account doesn t work properly on my n900 and i can not understand why?when i disable the yahoo messenger account and, 5 minutes later i enable it again it says network error.Skype works fine i wish yahoo messenger work like skype

It wont let me sign up for a messenger.nokia account as my phone already is set up to just do it. Have put all settings in and it just keeps saying my user name or password are wrong. Same happened when I tried once before

sooooo annoying!

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by firestart View Post
my yahoo im account doesn t work properly on my n900 and i can not understand why?when i disable the yahoo messenger account and, 5 minutes later i enable it again it says network error.Skype works fine i wish yahoo messenger work like skype
Yahoo IM and Yahoo email are totally diffeent technologies and packaging.

where are all the fanboys who say this phone is so clever when you need them ; )

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My theory is that the original N900s we got allowed us to use Nokia messaging with the free Yahoo mail accounts -- at least, mine did. But if you ever did a complete flash, you lost that ability.

You can get rid of this annoying problem by paying Yahoo $20 a year. Then the non-free Yahoo mail works as it should.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My theory is that the original N900s we got allowed us to use Nokia messaging with the free Yahoo mail accounts -- at least, mine did. But if you ever did a complete flash, you lost that ability.

You can get rid of this annoying problem by paying Yahoo $20 a year. Then the non-free Yahoo mail works as it should.

try this guys, this one works for me http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=524916

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Worked for me as well! Only minor problem is that I now have to open 850 emails in my inbox on-by-one...

Last edited by bioman; 2010-04-26 at 23:38.