Notices

will it be possible to add bookmarks in gpodder for n9? I use to use panucci but it's not available on my n9.
thanks.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
will it be possible to add bookmarks in gpodder for n9? I use to use panucci but it's not available on my n9.
thanks.
gPodder 3 on the N9 has a built-in media player with resuming and 1 bookmark (last playback position) per podcast episode. A bookmarking feature is not yet planned, but brainstorming for possible places in the UI, mock-ups and patches are welcome

yeah thanks for your answer. Like i said before, I use to use Panucci in complement of gPodder. But Panucci is not still available (I can't install it). it should be a good thing that gpodder allow to manage bookmarks.

Or if panucci is available allow gpodder to play podcasts in external player (like on N900)

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry for bothering but, is there a way to play all new? And if it does, is it possible to make it play in any particular order? Having to click on each individual file in order to play it kinda kills te purpose of "easy download and play" because it is time/attention consuming.

I tried with kmplayer, but it doesn't understand that .m4v files are playable too...

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi, sorry for bothering but, is there a way to play all new? And if it does, is it possible to make it play in any particular order? Having to click on each individual file in order to play it kinda kills te purpose of "easy download and play" because it is time/attention consuming.
As far as I know (don't have my N900 near to check), there should be a menu item in the titlebar app menu to play all downloads or all new episodes. It could be that it works only with certain players (e.g. the built-in player or Panucci), but if other players support playing m3u-style playlists, that should also work.

Edit: If in doubt, you could always use Panucci as your player and make sure that files are enqueued in Panucci's playlist, which then is a kind of "play all" features (queueing files one by one, but the playlist of Panucci is persisted).

I have a similar question as Temporal. I've been playing around with Gpodder for a couple of weeks on my N900, but haven't been able to give up my N800 with Canola because I can't figure out an efficient way to play the podcasts using Gpodder and the Media Player.

I tend to like to listen to news podcasts on my morning ride to work, and non-news items on the way home. With Canola I'll open up the feed for BBC or The Economist as I'm leaving for work and pick a few podcasts that sound interesting and then start the first one while it is still downloading, the rest will finish downloading before I'm out of range of WiFi and will continue playing back to back. I usually have enough downloaded for an hour ride to work.

Now I'm probably a big idiot, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do anything at all similar with either Media Player or OMP. Will Panucci allow me to play podcasts by feed? If I use Panucci just for podcasts is there a way to get my podcasts out of media player so that podcasts and music are not intermingled?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
I have a similar question as Temporal. I've been playing around with Gpodder for a couple of weeks on my N900, but haven't been able to give up my N800 with Canola because I can't figure out an efficient way to play the podcasts using Gpodder and the Media Player.

I tend to like to listen to news podcasts on my morning ride to work, and non-news items on the way home. With Canola I'll open up the feed for BBC or The Economist as I'm leaving for work and pick a few podcasts that sound interesting and then start the first one while it is still downloading, the rest will finish downloading before I'm out of range of WiFi and will continue playing back to back. I usually have enough downloaded for an hour ride to work.

Now I'm probably a big idiot, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do anything at all similar with either Media Player or OMP. Will Panucci allow me to play podcasts by feed? If I use Panucci just for podcasts is there a way to get my podcasts out of media player so that podcasts and music are not intermingled?
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, since I don't use an N8x0, but gPodder has a feature where you can listen to your podcast via stream so you won't have to wait for it to download to play. Just click on the podcast you want to listen to and hit "Stream".

Also you can download another podcast while one is already downloading. You can download on the go too; take advantage of the fact that the N900 can use mobile broadband, and not just Wi-Fi.

I also use Mediabox instead of the stock player. I have no idea if that makes a difference.

Sorry, I guess I don't know what your question is asking when you mean "more efficient" because I've never used Panucci.

Thanks for the response mrrhq, and sorry for my late reply and realize that my first post wasn't very clear.

My big issue is that if I start playing a podcast from Gpodder it will just play that one episode and then stop. I'd like it to play all episodes from that folder, whether that folder is "today's episodes" or just episodes from a specific podcast feed. I don't know how to get this kind of behavior with Gpodder/Media Player in a simple one click way (i.e. I don't want to have to build a playlist).

My second issue, and this is a Media Player issue, not a Gpodder issue, iIs that the Media Player (and also Open Media Player) seem to treat podcasts as a subset of the music category, when I think of them as entirely separate things. I don't want podcasts to be listed in my music category because I don't want random podcasts showing up when I'm shuffling my music. Does MediaBox handle podcasts in this way also?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Symfonie is what I use for playing the contents of organized folders. It seems to be best oriented for that.

I actually like the way Media Player & OMP via tracker mix the podcasts in with music files. I download a number of newscasts during the day, & when I use MP or OMP in shuffle, I get occasional newscasts in with the music.

Supposedly you can use tracker config to not index folders that you specify & thus make them not added to a shuffle in MP or OMP, but I haven't gotten that to work. I still get MP & OMP picking up audio in folders I've specified as not to index with Tracker.

Thanks for the information on Symfonie, but still probably not what I'm looking for. I was using the term folder loosely up above because that's how it's visually displayed in Canola2, but it's really more just a common characteristic like unplayed episodes, or new today.

It seems that this has been reported as bug 11679 and the response was that the next version of Gpodder was going to include a player. Has that been done, and is it available on the N900?

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing