I picked mine up last night and it was the last one at my CompUSA. It looked like it had been opened before (the seal was broken), but another Nokia seal was placed next to it, so I took it. Got it home to find that everything in the box was all over the place. Everything seems fine though. I love this thing!

Check to see if there's a crack near the power jack or headphone jack or usb....it's been known to do that.

No cracks anywhere. I would like to find a screen protector though....

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by Odin
Of course, this could be the end...
A little late for comment I know, but since I've seen this mentioned before, let me add...

Did you know that six months after Nokia released the N-Gage, it was such a failure they announced an upgraded model would be available soon?

I'd think if they'd try and save a phone/game console combination, that the 770 would be worth the same amount of trouble at least... And since the 770 seemed to be in short supply when released (duh), it can't be a total failure, can it? Didn't they sell out the first production run?

Brad.

PS Just so you know where my mind is at, I think that Nokia is close to releasing an upgraded 770. Of course, close is relative. But I'll bet something will come up in the next few months (very merry Christmas for geeks, though it probably won't ship this year).

PPS Don't ask me what color I see when I look up at the sky ;-)

A note about the N-Gage. I had three and loved them dearly. While they were terrible game machines, it was very tough to beat them as cheap smart phones. For $99 with no contract I got a state of the art Series 60 phone, and that was great. I owned three because one was lost, the other was damaged when it fell down some stairs.