Active Topics

Yeah... Its kinda Weird... they changed their plans around late 2004... So any coverage that is clasified as "PDA" covers damage to the screen as long as you dont explicitly come out and say "Yeah, i got pissed and put my fist through it"... But falling out of your pocket and breaking would be covered.

Thanks for the info Solace.

I'll try not to go ballistic on Compusa employees anymore.... I said try...

Haha go as ballistic as you want... I will say that about 85% of the employees are *****s that constantly refer to any USB device as a "UBS" or "SUB" device... Hence the reason the other 15% are always seeking other employment
:-D

Originally Posted by JMills
Hmm... I'll have to dig up my receipt and figure out which of the assorted plans I bought for mine back in late 2005. I specifically asked about screen coverage, and have a copy of the coverage guide mentioning it.
CompUSA SKU 295408 -- TAP 2YR RPLC $350 ($64.99)
UPC 0 73476-02008-7

Which translates to:

Carry-In Replacement Plan -- 2 Year

The CompUSA TAP guide I have is tagged with the following in the back-corner:

RPL
0704-HW
0803-PKG

Ok... Well, As far as I am aware, The 2yr replacement covers it under normal wear and tear... Good and bad things to this...

Bad: Does not cover any accidental screen damage

Good: Does cover normal wear and tear... i.e: If the battery, wifi, internals, charger, usb mode, card, screen fail under NORMAL USAGE... As in if your screen stops working for no apparent reason, but is not broken... You just take it into the store and they hand you a new one... With the PDA coverage, You would have to file a claim and wait about a week for a replacement to arrive, and in most cases is a refurbished unit... So I guess you can view it either way... If they told you it covered screen damage though, I'd hold them to it. You will have to double check... i know it varies state to state a little bit... Thats how we do it in Ohio at least...

I got my nokia 770 for $370 --- without rebates ^_^
I am loving Xchat on this thing.
Gaim is a little slow and i often get out of memory errors when using it, but it's nice.

Got mine at compusa. They had a low stock at the one in Detroit too. I was told it had to do with the upcoming refresh, but the droid also told me that he wasn't the handheld person, and that he wasn't the best person to talk to about it.

370ish before rebate. Waiting for the rebate check to be sent. Almost didn't buy it because I knew nothing about it when I saw it. I saw it, it said it ran linux, I was sold on those features alone :P

Droid said that to reflash for the latest image you have to take it to nokia, which we all know isn't true, and there wasn't any other software being developed for it, again we know that's not true. He said if it wasn’t reflashed it’d break over time, um sure… I’ve had old hardware break before the image broke. I've been thinking about going back and giving the droid an knowledge upgrade, so he's more informed on what he sells, but I think that would be a waste of breath.

I think I am going to pick one up tommorow. Are there any rebates or anything going on tommorow?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by rattis
Got mine at compusa. They had a low stock at the one in Detroit too. I was told it had to do with the upcoming refresh....<snip>
Does anyone know how many 770's have been sold? I am wondering if the Nokia buisness model assumes that existing owners will upgrade or that the user base will be added to.

Of course, this could be the end...

The refresh is probably just the new firmware on new machines. They'll have new packaging, manuals, etc.