Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Yeah. I have noticed the same thing. Slider gets looser after a while. Don't know if it's a problem.

Just discussed with my friend who also has N900 about the slider. He always squeeze from the middle of screen when hiding keyboard, not left or right side and his slider has stayed more sturdy than mine.

I havent had any noticable looseness or any slider wobble and I had mine for about 3 weeks now. but it is one on my future concers as several of my friends have had slider phones and i seen how bad they can get. Heres hoping that nokia build quality can stand up to years of use!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
2 weeks have past and my N900 is in excellent condition.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I might have a heavy case of paranoia then..

Does your slider shakes sideways though?
I got 3-4 weeks old N900 and no problems here. Thought i do know what you are talking about as i developed this same paranoia last week
By some reason just couple of days ago i started to avoid to open the slider too many times a day while of course it should easily be able to handel it(if you have seen the videos around the net of Nokia's testing facilities testing just these things over and over again).

The slider on my N900 (3 weeks old or so) feels as solid as ever. There's no wiggle or wobble or shake.

Just discussed with my friend who also has N900 about the slider. He always squeeze from the middle of screen when hiding keyboard, not left or right side and his slider has stayed more sturdy than mine.
That's how I open the slider too. Both hands, both thumbs at the middle of the screen, fingers at the oppsite corners.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Mine has a little loose on the slider too. When I open or close it, its not as steady and straight as in the beginning. Its going a little bit left and right. Little dissapointment here.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hmmm.. Well it should be able to stay tight not get loose or wobbly...

Like I saw this video and I think that mine is kind of the same thing.. and that's what made my paranoia grow even bigger!!

Check this video out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvDjml3ajJo

EDIT: It's not quite like his.. but somewhat like that.. lol

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
As long as it slides and makes that sexy sound, i don't see a problem.

Easier to move but no wiggle. I always expect a little give with sliders, this one seems pretty good.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvDjml3ajJo
That vertical space (spring-loaded) between the screen and the slider is as it should be. The slider doesn't get loose because of that.

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider