Notices

I haven't really seen too much about whether I can run a specfic app on my N900, but if it is possible, can someone guide me to doing it?

Thanks.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Search NITdroid.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Any other method besides a NITdroid install?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Harisf1 View Post
I haven't really seen too much about whether I can run a specfic app on my N900, but if it is possible, can someone guide me to doing it?

Thanks.
haven't really seen?
dude i guess if i could look up ur search history, i would've found as much searches as posts from you.

Searched 'Android', didn't get too far past Alien Dalvik.

Another thing. If I have a load of .swf files which I can run on my n900 individually, can I make an app that will allow me to search between these and also open them sequentially?

Or am I better off trying to make an ebook out of them?

Last edited by Harisf1; 2011-07-18 at 00:05.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
The reason you are not getting very far is because any app that runs on the N900 is specifically written in the code language specific to Maemo and unless someone converts the app you want to run (termed as porting) you will only have apps that are available on the download section of this community.

You cannot run Symbian or Android apps unless they have been converted for Maemo.

There is not a 100% successful Symbian or Android os for the N900 yet but it is getting there slow but sure.

only app i need its whatsapp. from android.

sadly its developers are idiots, put maemo in a contact they send an autoresponse. they have no plans for its

stupid since QT version easily portable.

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
only app i need its whatsapp. from android.

sadly its developers are idiots, put maemo in a contact they send an autoresponse. they have no plans for its

stupid since QT version easily portable.
No they are not idiots, they go where they get paid the most and as Maemo is now dead who will pay them for porting ? sad but the way this world is.

What someone should put together is an auto convertion app for porting anything non Maemo to enable noobs to run what they want, i am sure in time when all closed N900 components become hacked and available this will be accomplished.

EDIT but i will not hold my breath lol.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
No they are not idiots, they go where they get paid the most and as Maemo is now dead who will pay them for porting ? sad but the way this world is.

What someone should put together is an auto convertion app for porting anything non Maemo to enable noobs to run what they want, i am sure in time when all closed N900 components become hacked and available this will be accomplished.

EDIT but i will not hold my breath lol.
because it will not be only for maemo... it should run on s40. symbian, meego and maemo. with QTquick in can be done.

i said they are idiots for doing that rude autoresponse.

alien dalvik can already do this on maemo, but its not opensource, (it should be since its java), not sure in what level of integration , like from api alien dalvik can send sms from android app or call.

but it can be done, now if someone made a open source alien dalvik to linuxARM/meego/maemo. like people do WINE. and java desktop open source.

not sure if google would like it, but they have no word on it, the moment they pick up a linux kernel they gave us the tools to do it.

in the end dalvik is JAVA mobile with few enhancements.

Sadly i think Maemo will now be left thanks to Nokia ! but i still wait for MeeGo to be available for the N900 as a complete os, now there is where you could see something happening because i was astonished at the MeeGo UX build on the lenovo s10-3t belonging to qwazix on the video he did for everyone to watch.... great stuff.

I would love to see MeeGo like that for the N900 and then we will see a difference to app availability if it is done right.

Alien dalvik is a money maker so unless he gets paid to port then i can not see anything in big numbers from him for the N900 unless you have to pay for it on the download ha.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-07-18 at 01:46.

Tags
android, nitdroid