Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by BillyTheFish View Post
Just to clarify a couple of things with replacement pack 2:

1) Do we need to have downloaded the official add-on pack from the Ovi store to get it to work? -I want to but can't due to the current Ovi Store problems.

2) Will the pack overwrite existing, original levels / high scores? If so, is there any way to get them back or back them up afterwards?

3) Will the pack cause any problems with the new official levels when they come back on sale?

Thanks for everyone's work on this, it's a really great game.

1) No you dont need to but the official pack. But you should when its released. Esp as the developers have been very helpfull in helping us get our own levels up and running
2-3)When you get the proper pack2. You will have unlocked and set up high scored based on the pack i created.
How to get them back. i do have on my plan to look at , btu given im trying to also build a new mythtv box at home , im not sure of my time scales. So in summary. Wont stop you playing the pack 2 levels, They will just copy over our ones. but it will mean you might have 3* in some of them already

to get the meteor stirke. just copy the unziped file over one of the pack 2 levels using the mapping list on page 4(i think of the thread)

Last edited by cgarvie; 2010-02-01 at 13:11.

It's probably advisable to backup or make a copy of pack 2 if you like me you have the level pack installed, otherwise you will loose the levels.
cgarvie are the custom levels the first ten levels?

I don't want to replace my whole pack2
so it's it just a case of moving
Level1.lua
Level2.lua
Level10.lua
from Mypack to Pack2?
or are the Level numbers actually mixed up?

Thanks

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
It's probably advisable to backup or make a copy of pack 2 if you like me you have the level pack installed, otherwise you will loose the levels.
cgarvie are the custom levels the first ten levels?

I don't want to replace my whole pack2
so it's it just a case of moving
Level1.lua
Level2.lua
Level10.lua
from Mypack to Pack2?
or are the Level numbers actually mixed up?

Thanks

you can just replace the appropriate levels, but you need to use the mapping file earlier in thread.

i just moved all pack 2 to side called pack2_orig
and keep mypack and pack2_orig all the time then copy each as needed. you could symblink with a bit of luck and just move the link

Sounds good I'll just change the pack2 folder like you did and then move mypack over to pack2 and go from there.

What level number do the cutsom levels start at?1 - 10

My Blog

great work on the package, just installed it now very easy and not issues :-)

and yes it's levels 1-10 :-)

If anyone wants to know how to copy/rename the folders just shout and one of us can give you a hand :-)

My Blog

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
The popularity of the Angry Birds game and this thread is awesome. It's getting a bit confusing, though.

Would the person most active in releasing custom level collections please create a separate thread titled "Angry Birds Custom Levels" and then everyone can use that one to discuss the releases? This thread will remain for discussion of the editor(s).

I would also suggest that a custom "maemo.org favorites" level pack be put together as an installable package and uploaded to the repository so that it's more universally visible and accessible. You could create a poll in the Custom Levels thread and include just the levels that get a substantial number of votes for inclusion.

If you need help with the packaging process or moving posts/threads around to manage the project, feel free to send me a message.

You would need to decide on a license and get agreement from everyone releasing a level in the pack. This could then be updated periodically with new popular levels and make use of the updater functionality of the App Manager.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Great idea Flandry!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Here is the How-To for installing custom levelpacks for Angry Birds.
Please only do this, if you don't have the official levelpacks installed, because these custom ones will overwrite your bought LevelPacks! For Rovio (the developber of Angry Birds) it is okay if you install custom levelpacks.
If you haven't seen the video yet, here it is again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcSLjVvIMbU

First you have to download this file. If you use Windows, then use WinRAR to unpack the file. If you've downloaded the file directly to your N900 you can also unpack it there.
Type in the following:
Code:
root
tar xfz /home/user/MyDocs/cag_level_pack.tar.gz
You will get a mypack folder. Copy this folder to the internal memory of the N900 if you unpacked in windows. Then open X-Terminal (you will need rootsh, as every time) on the N900 an type in the following:
Code:
root
mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
That was all! Easy, isn't it? Now you can start Angry Birds and play the new levels.
Thanks to Rovio for this game, and thanks to cgarvie for this levelpack, and all his effort!

Have fun!

edit: it seems that youtube has disabled my subtitle file... now it works... strage

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-02-01 at 20:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
you can just replace the appropriate levels, but you need to use the mapping file earlier in thread.

i just moved all pack 2 to side called pack2_orig
and keep mypack and pack2_orig all the time then copy each as needed. you could symblink with a bit of luck and just move the link
Hi again,

I found the mapper file a big confusing, but am I right in saying that if I want meteor_show to be number level then I would put it at in as Level9.lua ?

Thanks again

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Hi again,

I found the mapper file a big confusing, but am I right in saying that if I want meteor_show to be number level then I would put it at in as Level9.lua ?

Thanks again

ok here a small slice
006768 41C00000 [004] loadk 1 3 ; "Level1"
00676C 81000100 [005] loadk 2 4 ; "Level57"
006770 C1400100 [006] loadk 3 5 ; "Level53"
006774 01810100 [007] loadk 4 6 ; "Level3"
006778 41C10100 [008] loadk 5 7 ; "Level6"
00677C 81010200 [009] loadk 6 8 ; "Level2"
006780 C1410200 [010] loadk 7 9 ; "Level4"
006784 01820200 [011] loadk 8 10 ; "Level5"

loadk 1 (is pack 1 1st level ) and load k7(is pack1 level7)

so loadk1 "Level1" means level 1 is names ok
loadk7 "Level4" means edit or replace file Level4.lua to alter or change pack1 level7

loadk22 is pack2 level1

no idea what the number between loadk X and "LevelY" is though

hope that helps

Tags
angry birds, level editor