Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
You can just change the number type by long pressing on it while its gray.
Well that does not work on the imported number from my Google account. It does work on the manually added number.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I can't find a way to update the apps without removing them first... Any way to just 'update' them?
Have you tried using pkcon?
Code:
pkcon update <package>

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Nice find! I'll try that immediately.

By the way, it seems Jolla's note and clock application have been updated in the store recently... Clock 16th of Dec and Notes 19th of Dec. Microsoft Exhange and Android support have also been updated (19th of Dec) in store it seems.

I can't find a way to update the apps without removing them first... Any way to just 'update' them?
The pulley menu let#s you choose 'My apps', from where you can supposedly update apps. I haven't seen any updates appear though, and it says up to date on mine.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Hey guys I am using WPA2-PSK[AES] as my wireless protection and Jolla seems to have issues connecting. Any ideas why?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Anybody else experiencing earpiece volume not affected by using the volume rocker? I even get to "Mute" and I still can hear the party loud and clear?!

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Anybody else experiencing earpiece volume not affected by using the volume rocker? I even get to "Mute" and I still can hear the party loud and clear?!
Yes and no. When I turn the call volume down to 0% it is completely muted. But at one notch it jumps to very loud, and gets even louder after that.
Seems like is missing values between that 0 and ~80% volume.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Hey guys I am using WPA2-PSK[AES] as my wireless protection and Jolla seems to have issues connecting. Any ideas why?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92057

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
After doing the .12 update, Gallery doesn't show anything in the single image view anymore, and Media player lost all album and artist indexing data. What's going on?
Solved this by hard-resetting tracker database. Music re-appeared, Pictures show again, all Ambiences came back.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
How come tmux isn't in mer-tools

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
To reply about
Yes, the Video with the tech guy reviewing a phone is running in the Jolla browser >
Since I have no flash installed on the Jolla I suspect it is the HTML5 at work.
The other video plays in the Android application StoryPod but it is perfectly possible and more impressive two real browsers at work next to each other edit:

The music dominant in the beginning is the third stream from internet steaming radio in the Jolla Media Player.

Vimeo:
Jolla browser -> warning: tech out of date video may not play properly, continue: yes -> black screen
Firefox browser-> Video plays in some separate browser screen opening, turns to portret as well as landscape (however the virtual Android buttons remain taking part of screen on the right.
Dailymotion
Jolla browser-> plays in full desktop site
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site
Youtube:
Jolla browser-> plays in mobile site - don't know how to go to desktop stie
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site

The point to Android people: yes, you say multitasking and they bring up the possibly to open multiple windows at once to prove Android multitasks.
Hi. Thanks for your post. But just so it is clear, It is possible to stream multiple feeds on android. At least I can do it on my galaxy note 3. For example, I just set it up to show 2 you tube feeds on jolla phones, your vimeo feed on dual streaming and CNN live broadcast simultaneously. Three of them appeared in floating windows that I could move about the screen to navigate around. However, while android can do this I think what is very nice on Jolla is that it seamless integrates the multitasking in a more native way. So I look forward to having Sailfish running on Nexus or whatever is possible in the future!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience