Notices

thank u cepi, i'm happy with the app. it miss some features but it is a beta. i can say u have made a perfect work. i'll make a donation to you

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Hi all,

In the case somebody would be interested as well, here is a summary cooked from various posts here how to read/write Mitakuuluu / Whatsup login and password information. It can be used for moving the account form one client to the other, but use it wisely (thx WhatsApp for random blocking whoever is using unofficial client).

Some time ago, I used Whatsup on N9 to register my account and then was using Mitakuuluu on Jolla. On the other hand, yesterday I did the "inverse" process when I migrated to Whatsup on one of my Jollas. Both times it worked like a charm.

Whatsup configuration file is stored in '~/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf'. The login data are:
Code:
[General]
cc=<country prefix>
phoneNumber=<your phone number>
username=<country prefix><your phone number>
password=<password>
kind=free (or any other account type that you have)
To read the Mitakuuluu login data, use a terminal:
Code:
dconf read apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/phoneNumber
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/kind
Analogously, write them by:
Code:
dconf write apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/phoneNumber "'<countryprefix><your phone number>'"
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password "'<password>'"
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/kind "'free'"
Just to make sure, note that I first wrote the " quotes (that's for the shell) and then the ' quotes for the dconf.

I will try to find some time next week and meditate over moving the chat history between the two. In the case, may I a little bit bug you about that, Cepi and coderus?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
are you working about a new version of this???

sorry i've confused topic!

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-04-12 at 11:52.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
our databases are not compatible. only cepi can add mitakuuluu database import to whatsup and only i can add whatsup conversations import to mitakuuluu

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
our databases are not compatible. only cepi can add mitakuuluu database import to whatsup and only i can add whatsup conversations import to mitakuuluu
It's indeed clear that the databases are not physically compatible, but it'd be just enough if you and Cepi would be so kind and provide their format to us. I understand that the bear-hunters (btw, Whatsup is developed by that football player, right?) don't wanna make public your whatsapp protocol hacks, but why such a thing as the database format can be made public so that they use their time on more important things and let the others to write database converters, no?

PS: 5 years ago, I'd take your "only Cepi / only me" as a challange ;-)
EDIT: actually, just briefly looked at it and isn't it that both Cepi and you are using SQLite? So it's just enough to match the corresponding columns and write a small conversion script.

Last edited by Wolda; 2015-04-12 at 11:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
yes, mitakuuluu database is not encrypted and you can easily read/convert it as you need

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
I tried to copy existing fields and values from yappri.conf to whatsup.conf (imsi, number, cc, phonenumber, password, username, creation, expiration, nextchallenge, etc), but can not login on whatsup.
From what I saw, imsi in yappari.conf is in numeric value, but in whatsup.conf is kind of like hex value.
and also there is "penc" field in whatsup.conf that is not available in yappari.conf.

is it possible to convert or get both value from yappari to be used on whatsup?
thank you.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thanks Cepi! Only one thing. Make icon more green. Good work!!!

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Nowhere. I don't want WhatsApp to make some shlt on me.
QML files are in /usr/share/whatsup folder, protocol is not so different from yappari or mitakuuluu, except I have a lot of unused code I've never cleaned. The rest is just basic like reading folders, files, etc.
I'll clean it someday and maybe put on some private repo, but
there's a lot to do and it's not a priority for me.
Thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how WhatsApp could "make some shlt on you". But maybe I missed some part of the discussion here. Is there some secret in your source code that makes them think we are using their client and that prevents freeing the source?

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how WhatsApp could "make some shlt on you". But maybe I missed some part of the discussion here. Is there some secret in your source code that makes them think we are using their client and that prevents freeing the source?
If you REALLY have any questions about developing, you should ask it privately.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup