Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The real blame is on the advertising firm that put this together. I can't say it's on Nokia. Not exactly.

Shame though. Impressive camera specs and hardware performance will now be forever marred by marketing.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The real blame is on the advertising firm that put this together. I can't say it's on Nokia. Not exactly.

Shame though. Impressive camera specs and hardware performance will now be forever marred by marketing.
HS says that the ad was made by a production company named Kennel Helsinki.

I think it's hard to say where the blame should lie, though I think there's plenty to go around. At least without knowing whether the guy at Nokia that ordered the ad from the production company actually knew what the advertising firm was up to. Either way, blatant incompetence at work.

Ads are always spiced up. Let's move on and stop beating a dead horse

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
ha ha, an investigation. Elop should take his responsibility and resign.

The makers av this movie are doing a far superior job than elop.

He should launch an investigation against himself.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

i consider pretty much any and all advertisement SPAM but, still. advertisement companies get instructions, brain storm some media to embody a message & present it to the company...
case at hand, for past NOKIA product introductions there never were such "lies" involved
here there are
maybe the ad department got desperate considering the unsubstantial sales of Dark products, maybe they though they could get away with it, maybe it is the ultimate FART...
we'll never know, 'cuz if anyone gets blamed, it won't be the farthole...
hopefully he won't get anymore bonuses

don't blame the ad company for using whatever was needed to get the message across, okay?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-09-09 at 10:31. Reason: typos

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Ads are always spiced up. Let's move on and stop beating a dead horse
Nah, lets keep beating the dead body ... its fun watching Nokia squirm, the Board with Elop at the helm are entirely responsible for the actions of the company period!

Just following orders doesn't cut it ... Spiced up = lying

Besides they canned what I consider to be probably the best phone on the planet for my purposes.

They reap what they sow, they deserve everything they get.

rgds

Last edited by uTMY; 2012-09-09 at 13:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
i consider pretty much any and all advertisement SPAM but, still. advertisement companies get instructions, brain storm some media to embody a message & present it to the company...
I've worked at 3 agencies in the past. Creative expression sometimes comes in the form of hyperbole. And if the project manager and/or salesperson can sell it, that hyperbole becomes the ads that you see and the consumer gets upset about much later.

I can never say that I've had a hamburger look like the ones in the commercials. Can say the same for most electronics too.

case at hand, for past NOKIA product introductions there never were such "lies" involved
Wouldn't know. The advertising in North America has been nonexistent since the late 80's. The ones in Europe were simple: "Nokia has a new phone. Buy it. Buy its replacement too that's just around the corner next year."

don't blame the ad company for using whatever was needed to get the message across, okay?
Ever worked at an ad agency? Curious.

I've worked at 3 agencies in the past. Creative expression sometimes comes in the form of hyperbole. And if the project manager and/or salesperson can sell it, that hyperbole becomes the ads that you see and the consumer gets upset about much later.

I can never say that I've had a hamburger look like the ones in the commercials. Can say the same for most electronics too.
yeah, advertisement... remember those ads for washing powder when i was a kid, watching the ads... well, back then they were less intrusive & in blocks, so you had time to go to the loo and could catch an ad or two back in your seat >¦-))))))
washing powder X cleans your laundry whiter then white...
whatever m0##0nic idiot buys washing powder X after watching THAT... doesn't deserve any better

no, indeed, until a few years back NOKIA didn't have to do much ads for their products, for NOKIAs.
the brand in some country was (and partly still is) synonym of mobile phone.

not quite anymore.
when did that change? when farthole arrived?
was before, wasn't it?
but before farthole, we didn't have those blatant lies, did we?
and even after farthole arrived, we still had ads (e.g. 808 PV) that were, well, close enough to the truth that no one really cared to question it...
and then the last desperate attempt to sell Dark devices...

thus...

Ever worked at an ad agency? Curious.
wild guess ?!?

Tags
inaccurate, pureview