Just bought a XP8000 Energizer PowerPack from buy.com, it came with a so-called "iPad adapter" (product link, web-site contains a typo, the actual model is PC007). It was not in the original XP8000 box but included with the purchase. I can now charge my phone with this adapter from a dumb USB charger that wouldn't work before with a standard data cable. It's ridiculously pricey if bought separately ($10 - $20 + S&H), but if someone is considering a back up power pack then XP8000 + PC007 for $49.99 seems like a reasonable deal (link), considering you can use this charging adapter with other sources.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
Just bought a XP8000 Energizer PowerPack from buy.com, it came with a so-called "iPad adapter" (product link, web-site contains a typo, the actual model is PC007). It was not in the original XP8000 box but included with the purchase. I can now charge my phone with this adapter from a dumb USB charger that wouldn't work before with a standard data cable. It's ridiculously pricey if bought separately ($10 - $20 + S&H), but if someone is considering a back up power pack then XP8000 + PC007 for $49.99 seems like a reasonable deal (link), considering you can use this charging adapter with other sources.
woot.com had it for 39.99 a month or so ago. I nabbed it up right away and it's been working fine since. My only gripe is that the battery led meter is useless. You have 4 bars of energy 75% of the time. Then you have 3 bars 20% of the time. The last 5% is almost never seen, I've never seen it myself It usually goes from 4->3->0. I still get a good 4 full charges while in use (gps running, etc.) in before it dies.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to always having this baby in my back pack, otherwise I always keep thinking about battery discharge while on the go. 39.99 is a steal, prices like this make one wonder what are the profit margins for stores selling products at MSRP.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
In trying to source the Energizer PC007 (PC07?) without much joy.

Is this the sort of thing we are looking for
http://www.lindy.co.uk/ipad-usb-char...FZBO4Qod_ms1jg

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
In trying to source the Energizer PC007 (PC07?) without much joy.

Is this the sort of thing we are looking for
http://www.lindy.co.uk/ipad-usb-char...FZBO4Qod_ms1jg
Looks like you can get them through Amazon, however at $20+ with S&H it is a rip-off IMO.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Cincinnati, OH
Jabawok, I downloaded fmtxd1.3, renamed it to fmtxd, and did what you said. The frequency of the FM Transmitter widget changed to 76.00 MHz, and when I tried to change it in Settings, FM Transmitter, Frequency, it said "Unable to use FM Transmitter" when I clicked Save. When I restore the old fmtxd from the backup, I can change the frequency. Any ideas? Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Think you might be in the wrong thread.
Good luck with it though

Originally Posted by johnherro View Post
Jabawok, I downloaded fmtxd1.3, renamed it to fmtxd, and did what you said. The frequency of the FM Transmitter widget changed to 76.00 MHz, and when I tried to change it in Settings, FM Transmitter, Frequency, it said "Unable to use FM Transmitter" when I clicked Save. When I restore the old fmtxd from the backup, I can change the frequency. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
Hey just so you know, Jawbone chargers work fine in the N900! (using the USB post that is!)

(Note: The mA output of the Nokia is rated at 1200mA/h were the Jawbone is 550mA/h. It will take longer to charge the N900 using it but if it's an over night charge it will be fine)
The one I like to use is the Jawbone car charger. Just plug it in to the outlet, the regular N900 data cable to that and the N900, and away you go.

I did one of those, let's see if it works, things...and it did.

L8r

The Following User Says Thank You to telecomgeek79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnherro View Post
Pretty sure those instructions were written in the PR1.2 days. might need to find a freshly cracked fmtxd methinks. Having said that, the fmtxd that comes with PR1.3 seems to not attenuate the power quite as much when charging, so it hasn't been a problem for me.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
So if you go into H-E-N and the battery power metering logic is disabled is it possible to charge from a dumb cable?
I would like to use my 6V(AC) bicycle dynamo and dumb miniUSB phone charge rectifier-regulator5.2V(DC) to charge the N900 without too many weird adapters. Perhaps I will split the cable insulation in a mini-micro adapter and short the cables although I would prefer to leave things as they are for best weather resistance.
worst case I can use a miniUSB to nokia2mm and then my nokia 2mm 3mm adapter although that gets to be too much junk on the end of the cable.
Hacked or DIY power supplies and cables are how I burned out three of my four Zaurus PDA's back in the day so I am hesitant since I can't replace my N900.

Tags
charging, nokia n900