Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
I think (big) tablets just suck. Too heavy to hold and too laborious to use with touch. Everything above 5" isn't suited for (finger) touch use in my opinion.
You're doing it wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
See what google is up to with JELLY BEAN and maybe a nexus tablet...Will they go on as nokia once did or do the invate enough to make iOS and the Surface in the back seat. See for yourself.

https://developers.google.com/events/io/io-live-gadget

or

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleDevelopers

1 hour : 13 minutes to start!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-27 at 15:16.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Same old android at least offline maps for a whoöe city not just for area.

****. nexus tablet is cheap. $199 that is almost free

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-27 at 17:33.

I like the new enhancements to the Notification Tray, but they didn't need to segment it from the Status Bar. Mistake #1.

Then they still have thrown away the Menu button. So its still a frustratingly small button per app where you need to constantly look for it. Mistake #2.

They've not improved Multitasking in the least. At least show the Apps in correct order of last usage --something so trivial that its embarrasing for Google to get wrong *facepalm* Mistake #3.

They've kept the Multitasking Button. Hey Google, how about if you slide your finger "Up" from the Navigation Buttons to view the Recents/Tasks/Multitasking List. Its not hard, its intuitive, and frankly basic. Mistake #4.

Mistake #5 --The OS hasn't acquired more features from Linux. It hasn't matured. They haven't used the latest kernel (v3.5) from Linus. If they did those features above, and made it slightly heavier/feature-ful then they could've given Win8 Tablets some stiff competition before they even began shipping.

There's a lot of incentive to get the Nex7 for $199, but a big incentive to upgrade to a the $249 (storage inadequacies).

I would've been fine with an OMAP4430 as long as the 8GB version had microSD and also microHDMI and microUSB-HOST.

Alas, Android isn't maturing (into full-fledged linux) like we thought.
We must see how BBX and Win8 will turn out, cause I dislike having to download a plethora of 3rd-party software for things you should get out of the box.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Updated over the air a few hours ago. Everything is working fine; I'll explore Now later. The female answer voice realism is definitely a few notches above Ms. Siri.

Name:  Screenshot_2012-07-12-17-43-53.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  21.6 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Cool: LibreOffice for Android advances, document viewer is on the way

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
This will be nice especially if they eventually make a document editor for android that retains many of LibreOffices's capabilities. Actually, Polaris, which came free on my Galaxy Note, is not too bad for simple documents. You can also have full blown LibreOffice now by installing ubuntu 12.04 using the linux on android app. Even though you have to go through VNC it is still quite responsive (at least on my GNote with LXDE version of ubuntu).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Motorola Xoom, updated to Team EOS Build 118 of 4.1.1 Jelly Bean... it's friggin' screaming fast at 1.0ghz, up to 1.6ghz and it's a brand new machine.

I'm way happy.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
TYou can also have full blown LibreOffice now by installing ubuntu 12.04 using the linux on android app. Even though you have to go through VNC it is still quite responsive (at least on my GNote with LXDE version of ubuntu).
It also works through commandline (obviously), which is good for converting documents. Like this:
Code:
soffice --headless --convert-to pdf --outdir /path_to/converted_file /path_to/file
in 1-2 minutes converts to pdf.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Screw it... got a Nexus 7 today. This is a very nice piece of kit.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy