Active Topics

I got my glaedr this afternoon. Build quality is great!
Attached Images

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Keep us updated, please.

Also, do you get to keep the 'evaluation' device now that the final product has arrived?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
The phone's surface on the golden top and bottom parts look uneven in the picture, like a bad paintjob. What kind of material are those?

The Following User Says Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post:
Does it have a screen?
I am sorry, it is always the back (or what) I see!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Does it have a screen?
I am sorry, it is always the back (or what) I see!
Because the screen is normal whereas that back is sure to capture somebody's attention.

I still think its gaudy. But I'm definitely not the target audience for that styling.

Regardless, thanks to this thread the updates are still ongoing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I'd prefer just black or grey. The red camera accent I could live with but the rest is a bit over the top. Maybe change the red and blue angled pieces to just plain gold without the pattern.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It's a bit too much of a bling-bling to my taste. I suppose there are people though who want to show around the top-expensive device they have bought...

What's the coloured parts made of, the TP's supposed to be made of full-metal alloy so are those bits painted on it or some kind of plastic attachment to the device?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's a bit too much of a bling-bling to my taste. I suppose there are people though who want to show around the top-expensive device they have bought...

What's the coloured parts made of, the TP's supposed to be made of full-metal alloy so are those bits painted on it or some kind of plastic attachment to the device?
I doubt anyone wants to show around that phone in real life, unless it's real gold however, if anyone wants to do a SciFi remake from the 80s, this phone would play the part perfectly...

But if they actually deliver something soon, it's a achievement by itself, despite colors.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-10-18 at 22:28.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
... But if they actually deliver something soon, it's a achievement by itself, despite colors.
This.
I was surprised to see another evaluation unit.
Sure, you can paint it black and say they do not deliver on the final product and still very few users going public.
But those backers who get "something" are genuinely rewarded with some unicorn hardware that will make up for theyr investment if they resell it.
Would be nice to know how many of them there actually are.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post

I’m loving the phone's look. What's most noticeable about using this phone as compared with some others you’ve owned or used?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone