Active Topics

Notices

I have been looking for a way around using Nokia Messaging because it does not push emails as reliable as for example my blackberry email and it is also notoriously slow at sending emails (this may just be because the email client is rubbish).

With Hotmail now supporting Active Sync

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_l...ctivesync.aspx

I am now able to use mail for exchange on the N900 with hotmail. I have tried it a few times and I seem to be getting my emails just as fast as on my blackberry. When I click on the notification it opens up the email. However, when I go to the email front page I see that my inbox is still showing that I have an unread message. It is only when I click back into the list of emails and open up the email from here that is becomes marked as read.

This is pretty annoying. If I open it up and read it from the notification why on earth does it not show the message is read? Is there some setting somewhere I need to change?

I have also set up gmail using IMAP4. Again I have tested it a few times but this one has an even more annoying problem that hotmail/mail exchange. Even though the messages seem to be delievered immediately I do not get any notification at all. If I open the email app and go to my gmail account I can see the email is there but there is no notification at all that I have an email.

Any ideas how to fix these two issues? Otherwise I guess I am better off sticking to the less reliable Nokia Messaging.

Also am I right in thinking you can only have one mail for exchange account on the N900?

Last edited by etuoyo; 2010-09-01 at 13:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: