Active Topics

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
My device needs more 40000 uv to run stable if I enable VDD2 .
What does VDD2 do for the N9 and what are the side effects if it's on or off?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
What does VDD2 do for the N9 and what are the side effects if it's on or off?
I mentioned before I do not have enough knowledge to explain better . I know it's some chip that reduces power consumption ... useless if it needs a major voltage increase for working . And if I OVERclocked my device , that means I don't really care too much about battery life . I am using SR1 and SR2 when I am running out of battery and return to stock frequency and voltage .

I am not right and not wrong ... this is my personal opinion , when it comes to overclocking I've always avoided extra systems related to power management due to instability .

I know you are asking me to see if I know what I am talking about . Maybe I am totally wrong , but with my personal experience in overclocking I can say MY N9 and MY N900 consume less power with SR off and a lower voltage at a overclocked cpu speed (I am not sure about the others , that's why I highlighted "MY"). I just can not see how a system could reduce power consumption when it needs a lot more power to work .

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2012-08-07 at 01:12.

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
if you have dep files in Mydocs you need to do this.

cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept opptimizer_1.5.4_armel.deb
Thank you it works great!

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
I mentioned before I do not have enough knowledge to explain better . I know it's some chip that reduces power consumption ... useless if it needs a major voltage increase for working . And if I OVERclocked my device , that means I don't really care too much about battery life . I am using SR1 and SR2 when I am running out of battery and return to stock frequency and voltage .

I am not right and not wrong ... this is my personal opinion , when it comes to overclocking I've always avoided extra systems related to power management due to instability .

I know you are asking me to see if I know what I am talking about . Maybe I am totally wrong , but with my personal experience in overclocking I can say MY N9 and MY N900 consume less power with SR off and a lower voltage at a overclocked cpu speed (I am not sure about the others , that's why I highlighted "MY"). I just can not see how a system could reduce power consumption when it needs a lot more power to work .
Actually I was asking to learn, thank you for the explanation.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
VDD1 is the CPU and GPU because they're on the same chip (MPU), VDD2 is the "l3 bus" that the MPU uses to read and write to main memory, flash storage, USB, the display, the camera, and everything else.
The bus is used more at higher MPU frequencies, but since we didn't touch the clock speed of it, increasing the voltage shouldn't be required.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-08-07 at 08:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I experience many reboots in PR 1.3 overclocked to 1150, especially when I use the phone, but not only (sometimes I just see it rebooting while it is on the desk with low-power screen displayed). In PR 1.2 I overclocked to 1200 and I don't remember of any reboot. Is it only due to my device, or did something change whith how voltage is managed? Am I the only one to experience a stability loss with the N9 and the last version of Opptimizer?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-08-08 at 11:37.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I experience many reboots in PR 1.3 overclocked to 1150, especially when I use the phone, but not only (sometimes I just see it rebooting while it is on the desk with low-power screen displayed). In PR 1.2 I overclocked to 1200 and I don't remember of any reboot. Is it only due to my device, or did something change whith how voltage is managed? Am I the only one to experience a stability loss with the N9 and the last version of Opptimizer?

It sounds to me like your values aren't working and are destabilizing your N9. Overclocking is always do-at-your-own-risk, but here is my set_up:

I am running version 1.2.5 with the 1.5.4 kernel module version.
I have custom voltage activated and Smart Reflex activated.
Frequency (MHz) is 1375.
Voltage is 1375000.
I have run well over 36000 test iterations at these levels without a single reboot! And I have been operating at this level for months.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Yes of course I understand that overclocking is do-at-your-own-risk, no problem with that.

But the fact is that I did not change anything between my configuration for PR 1.2 and my configuration for PR 1.3, except updating Opptimizer to the correct version. I have Smartreflex VDD1 and VDD2 activated, and no custom voltage.

I run 1.2.7 version with kernel 1.5.4. In PR 1.2 I was running at 1150 or 1200 MHz, and successfully passed the iterations step at 1300 (but decided not to use it). Now, in PR 1.3 with the updated Opptimizer, even 1250 makes the N9 to reboot during the iterations, and 1150 is highly unstable. I don't know if it comes from my device or other stuff I may have screwed up in config files (or by installing stuff like Faster N9), or if somebody else experiences the same issues since the update. Hence the question!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Wellington, NZ
I've been running opptimiser UI 1.2.7 since Creamy posted it here and haven't had any issues at all.

With regards to the SmartReflex switches this is what I've found with my N9:
SR1 disabled
SR2 enabled
Custom Voltage 1.30V
Maximum stable frequency: 1140MHz

SR1 disabled
SR2 disabled
Custom Voltage 1.30V
Happily purrs along at a frequency of 1250MHz. No reboots.

Supposedly ramping up the MPU_CLOCK (VDD1 domain) should be uneffected by SR2, which controls VDD2 domain. Yet I can gain an extra 100MHz when I disable SR2, just as Dragoss mentioned.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capnkirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I was hoping it's Dragoss's device since that makes no sense. Thanks for letting us know, though.