Active Topics

[INTRO]

Well...

I never thought that I'm gonna put my N900 on for a sale, but the day has finally come.

To be honest - it's been mostly sitting on the shelf for like the last 4 years or so waiting for the day when I will be in need for my backup phone if my Xperia Z1 gets lost / stolen / broken.

I am really glad that I was never in need for my backup phone, but I am also happy that I had one in case if I ever need one.

Meanwhile, while N900 has been sitting on the shelf waiting its time to shine, I've already swapped my Z1 to something less ancient, therefore I don't really have a need for a 3rd phone.

So this is why I have finally decided that maybe someone else will have more use for the N900 than I currently have.

[CONDITION]

The phone is overall in a good "shape", if I may say so. I mean - it's like what? 8 years old now?

Anyway, here is a list of what you should probably be aware off:
  • It's been dropped on a tile floor once and that's pretty much the only fall it has ever encountered.
  • There are some bruises and very light scratches on the body.
  • Screen has some very light scratches too. There is one like weird spot on the screen though. It's like a coating or something has came off.
  • The shiny coating around the back camera has came off at one spot too.
  • Never had the infamous USB port issue.
  • I had to glue back cover magnet though, but that's not the only thing that got glued. * nervous laugh *
  • You can't use the kickstand, because that got glued as well. * insert whoops.gif *
  • It has a genuine Nokia replacement battery, since the old one was discharging very quickly.
  • The phone has never been overclocked / underclocked.
  • It is reflashed back to the stock Maemo 5 (Global Version).

Some pictures: (Uploaded new ones. Slightly better than previous ones, but only slightly IMO)

[BOX CONTENTS]
  • Nokia N900
  • Nokia Battery (BL-5J)
  • Nokia Charger (AC-10)
  • Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-205)
  • Video out cable (CA-75U)
  • Nokia charger adaptor (CA-146C)

[NB!] In case if you didn't notice: The packaging is missing the original Nokia CA-101 Micro USB cable, since I am unable to find it and haven't actually seen it for some time now. Sorry for that.

I could chip in a regular Micro USB cable if you really want to.

[SALE DETAILS]

As you probably already saw in the post title, I'm only selling my N900 to a buyer in EU.

It is mostly because these 2 things:
  • It is an EU model. (EU charger, EU mobile bands etc.)
  • It gets expensive real quick to send a package to a non-EU country.

Price: 60 EUR (shipping included), but I'm willing to bargain/negotiate.

You can DM me here, but I would prefer if you email my at that1wolf-n900@yahoo.com
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

Last edited by Protegio; 2019-12-07 at 21:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Protegio For This Useful Post:
I'm no expert on the value of N900s, but the price seems a little high to me. I saw an N900 in good condition pop up on a local secondhand website, the guy was looking to get 30 euros for it and it took at least 6 months to disappear from the site. Even then, I'm not sure if he actually managed to sell it or if the advert just timed out.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
The price is based on how much people ask for a N900 on Ebay, therefore I am starting from that.

Some ask even more for just the phone (no accessories or anything).
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Protegio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
In my opinion, the most convincing feature of this particular N900 is the qwerty keymat with four cursor keys, which also seems to be in pretty good condition.

Too bad, the photo isn't focussed correctly, so it's hard to judge the actual condition of the keymat. For example, is that blur on the shift key just some dirt on the camera lens or is it wear on the keymat?

It would also be helpful if the keymat photo could be made while the keymat LEDs are on, because afaik, there are some pretty original-looking aftermarket keymats but without transparent letters.

That being said, I'm tempted, but not actually interested in buying it, because I'd just be doing it for the keymat.
I just wanted to point out, that the low-quality photos are not doing a good job in presenting the potential of the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
In my opinion, the most convincing feature of this particular N900 is the qwerty keymat with four cursor keys, which also seems to be in pretty good condition.

Too bad, the photo isn't focussed correctly, so it's hard to judge the actual condition of the keymat. For example, is that blur on the shift key just some dirt on the camera lens or is it wear on the keymat?

It would also be helpful if the keymat photo could be made while the keymat LEDs are on, because afaik, there are some pretty original-looking aftermarket keymats but without transparent letters.

That being said, I'm tempted, but not actually interested in buying it, because I'd just be doing it for the keymat.
I just wanted to point out, that the low-quality photos are not doing a good job in presenting the potential of the device.
I agree - pictures didn't exactly come out good, mostly because I wrote this late in the evening.

Since I didn't want to have plain text, I had to take a couple of photos in fairly bad lighting conditions so I would have at least some sort of visual representation of the phone.

I'll upload some (hopefully) better photos a bit later.

By the way, since this really interested you, the keyboard has very little to no wear and it is the original one.

Backlight is working, though what I didn't notice before it doesn't look that even and it lights up keys at top corners better than everything else (you will see in the picture).
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Protegio For This Useful Post:

Tags
europe, selling, used n900