Active Topics

Poll: How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?
Poll Options
How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?

I believe Jolla store will be well implemented in china because China is one of jolla's launch markets for its upcoming handset.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I also got the mail and thought "Stupid Nokia...."
No ad in China then no paid app. In-app purchase might be the way to go but honestly with no future in Nokia Store, I won't rush to implement IAP. Besides, the price in China is set rather low (one sale in US = 6 sales in China) that losing China isn't that bad.

I hope Jolla Store will be more reasonable...

nokia is killing N9

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by lovewilliam View Post
nokia is killing N9
Too late . Nokia killed N9 long ago .

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
The funny thing is that those pple prefer to dl something from an obscure forum than picking the upstream version to download gratis in my place :-)

Just curious can you tell me this forum url , I will like to join and say it's ok guys you can steal me but I am here and open to existing ideas ... a localisation file would help too .... (or relay this sentence in Chinese )

Do you think publishing crapified version with ads could help ... I dont want to spend some time on this ad bizness but this could be an alternative ... so any experiences worth to be studied ... anyone ? any apps use ads ?

I am also wondering if this is affecting all nokia platforms : symbian etc
@zrz,
iam just a senior high student from china.my english is not well so i cant get mean of every word you say.....if you like .you an send me an email and i want to talk with you.i swear i havent dl any deb which isnot free....and i could tell you the url you wander.(it is better in chinese)

Originally Posted by mdbxh View Post
1.F.uck Chinese government
2.F.uck Chinese nokia
i am a chinese student in china and i want f**k chinese goverment too~~~~~~

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Come on guys, don't try to f**k the goverment, they are all ugly

But for me there is a real existing problem with the chinese "market". There are thousands of offline-dictionary downloads from china. In comparison, there are 2 payed DingMee downloads from the store

Thats the reason I will block connections from china to my web server. My account covers only 100GiB/month, every MiB more will be very expensive.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
TOR has been available for the N900 very early, how about the N9?

if you install TOR on the N9
rout OVI store or how is it called these days over TOR with non Chinese identity.
can you then download a paid app by credit card payment method?

But I wonder if the most popular payment method in China is credit card.. Probably phone operator billing?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
TOR is an anonymity network. Never, NEVER use it to send personalized data, like logins or credit card info!

The Following User Says Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by chrm View Post
TOR is an anonymity network. Never, NEVER use it to send personalized data, like logins or credit card info!
I think the point here is that you just hide your location to get the option to buy stuff that is normally denied in China?
First you have to ask yourself: is it life threatening to try purchase an app on that ******ed ovi store,

if yes, ok then don't send your credit card info.

In General if I had to follow your advice (which is good as a rule of thumb) I could never anonymously login via TOR to post on a forum / social network / service that requires any form of registration.

Whatever happened to Nokia supporting the N9 until 2015..

Tags
china, nokia n9, nokian9, nokiastore, ovistore, publishing