Notices

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Any update for our nokia n900 with Opera 12?
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure if I'll do more updates for the N900 or not. I've had two N900s die on me with the dreaded "All telephony functions, including emergency call, are disabled due to a communication error." message, I took that as a hint to move on.

/ohrn

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure if I'll do more updates for the N900 or not. I've had two N900s die on me with the dreaded "All telephony functions, including emergency call, are disabled due to a communication error." message, I took that as a hint to move on.

/ohrn
I don't know if you saw this thread, where is claim that operator-name-cbs-widget from CSSU could cause this issue.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post

/ohrn
Depressing news to read that Opera will most likely not be updated anymore for the N900. In my view it is the best browser available by far for the N900, especially in terms of speed.

If the availability of a working N900 is an issue, I am more than happy to reimburse the money for a second hand N900, if you can get your hands on one.

Anyway, I will stay a satisfied Opera 11.50 user, whatever your decide to do.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I hope you guys know how much we appreciate your work, ohrn. It's a great browser and it works so well with the n900. It's sad if you guys decide not to release it.

I'm also using more Opera Mobile than Micro B and on my Windows tablet I'm using more Opera Mobile Emulator than other browsers. So I hope that N900 will also get v12 and hope dies last.

Last edited by kolos; 2012-07-25 at 04:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Depressing news to read that Opera will most likely not be updated anymore for the N900. In my view it is the best browser available by far for the N900, especially in terms of speed.

If the availability of a working N900 is an issue, I am more than happy to reimburse the money for a second hand N900, if you can get your hands on one.

Anyway, I will stay a satisfied Opera 11.50 user, whatever your decide to do.
Ade, that's wonderful. In fact, even if I don't use Opera that much, I would also like to follow Ade's example and offer a donation to ohrn, should he decide to buy another N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I don't know if you saw this thread, where is claim that operator-name-cbs-widget from CSSU could cause this issue.
It's not a software issue in my case, the hardware is simply broken.

/ohrn

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Thats very kind, however since I've already switched to N9 a long time ago I wouldn't be using a new N900 even if it worked properly, thus I'd never get around to develop for it.

Besides, the N900s I have can still be used for development if I ever find the motivation, the broken 3G have turned them into cool retro PDAs!

/ohrn

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@ohrn,

Your decision, obviously. Sometimes I wish I could donate time (I'd actually be happy if somebody donated time to me )

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Opera on the n900 rules. Seriously. It's one of causes I would instantaneously donate to if that would improve the odds of getting an update.

Tags
fast browser, opera