Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
May I know how you came to such conclusion? I see no difference when comparing two simultaneously running instances of OMP in htop. I even compared with an ancient version from before OMP entered repositories, but I still don't know what you mean.
I was getting 18% RAM for OMP, Pulseaudio was bouncing around 50% CPU and dbus-wrapper 30% CPU. These were higher values than I normal had.
I was comparing the two versions with top on separate N900's.

I have just been testing different versions and a reboot has fixed it. Sorry , this looks like it may have been my device, as updating the other N900 didn't cause this problem.

I assume that you're speaking of buttons which actually do something (otherwise I don't think it's a problem with OMP). I will disable key repeating for some shortcuts.
If it helps CSSU hildon-desktop had a similar issue before it was updated. Disabling key-repeat sounds like a good solution.

Hmmm... I don't remember listing any shortcuts for that. If you press Shift+Enter, you should get a keyboard-friendly version of that menu.
Keyboard friendly version is great.

Thanks again.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Skry View Post
About the volume keys as someone suggested to make them skip track.. So, press = +- volume and hold = next/prev track, how about it?

Nice job so far!
No, thanks. I would like to keep posibility of adjusting volume quickly, without "abusing" my volume buttons by fast-clicking.

Originally Posted by the_envy View Post
it can be even simplier: volume rocker is used for track skipping only when the phone is locked and it's working as it is when the phone is in normal unlocked mode. So for example, you can skip tracks in your pocket whithout even pulling out n900 and if you want to change the volume you can open the keyboard to unlock it (or lock switch) and then use volume keys for their regular use.
What kind of idea is that? 0_o

Why not going the opposite, and unlocking Your device for skipping tracks, manually? Adjusting volume when device is locked is *much* more appreciated.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Adjusting volume when device is locked is *much* more appreciated.

/Estel
Indeed!!

It my only grudge at my N91 8GB. I wish it had that "feature"

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-08-11 at 04:01.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No, thanks. I would like to keep posibility of adjusting volume quickly, without "abusing" my volume buttons by fast-clicking.
Erm, that could and should be an option me thinks. I don't see why we could not have the option to configure how those buttons function. I never hold those buttons when I adjust volume so could use a feature like this. Besides, buttons are made for abusing

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by Skry View Post
Erm, that could and should be an option me thinks. I don't see why we could not have the option to configure how those buttons function. I never hold those buttons when I adjust volume so could use a feature like this. Besides, buttons are made for abusing
Me Too. I also think it would be an excellent option to change track with the volume buttons.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
qwerty's last app he wrote for the N900 was an app to control volume & skipping tracks of the media player when the screen was locked, & as I recall the button functionality was high-function, well thought-out, & very straightforward. Maybe something like rocker switch for volume, & camera button to skip to next track: I can't remember the name of the app.

Edit: Here it is, his last post: Extended Locked Media Player Control. Quite a loss that he left, but understandable how he got so p**** off by Nokia.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59700

When locked, fully pressing the camera button in will pause/play the track; the volume keys will function as normal but if you keep the camera button half-pressed in, the volume keys will now go to the previous/next track.

Last edited by rotoflex; 2012-08-12 at 03:02.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
qwerty's last app he wrote for the N900 was an app to control volume & skipping tracks of the media player when the screen was locked, & as I recall the button functionality was high-function, well thought-out, & very straightforward. Maybe something like rocker switch for volume, & camera button to skip to next track: I can't remember the name of the app.

Edit: Here it is, his last post: Extended Locked Media Player Control. Quite a loss that he left, but understandable how he got so p**** off by Nokia.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59700
Do not work, I get some errors: (failedin file dbus-connection.c line 5257; filed in file dbus-connection.c line 2657 and Failed to init MAFW: Discovery initialization failed: error).

Hmmm...great app but can you make the photo album big like the Instinctiv (only portray)?
Also lyric not working?

Make sure that you have something enabled in Settings -> Lyrics providers.

New update is out. It brings new plugins, speed-ups, fixes for bugs and crashes, and other adjustments. The changelog is huge, read on if you dare.
  • Support for offline lyrics providers and additional provider description.
  • Added plugins to use lyrics from MaeLyrica and Sonata.
  • Significantly improved overall speed of loading a playlist in the playlist browser.
  • Much faster saving of playlists after editing.
  • Saved playlists load adaptively, prioritizing currently visible items.
  • Improved way of lading saved playlists and current playlist makes saving, sharing, shuffling, etc. immediately work correctly.
  • Group operations on automatic and imported playlists wait for loading to finish before taking effect.
  • Improved responsiveness while searching in a playlist, artist's albums, a single album and a genre.
  • Massively improved speed of adding a saved playlist to now playing from context menu.
  • Opening video window from the playback indicator does not start playback.
  • Eliminated delay in controlling playback with "Prevent playback interruptions" enabled.
  • Fixed problems with video resuming and thumbnails when "Prevent playback interruptions" is enabled.
  • Fixed automatic playlists showing 1 song if they are empty.
  • Shuffle buttons can be highlighted when navigating with keyboard.
  • Fixed a bug with not all songs being added from "Never played" to now playing when using context menu.
  • Reworked album art selection dialog and made it resize itself properly when rotating.
  • Invoking context menu in Now Playing with a shortcut when song progress is visible results in album art's menu.
  • Disabled autorepeat for shortcuts where it was not desirable.
  • Fixed S, E, R shortcuts not working in Now Playing when playlist is visible.
  • Selecting a song from the playlist in Now Playing window starts playing it also if playback was paused.
  • Fixed a crash caused by opening Now Playing, quickly closing the underlying window while it is still visible and then trying to open Now Playing again.
  • Fixed a rare crash when changing a track in an unfortunate moment.
  • Updated translations.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Is there any way to exclude some folders from adding in OMP the same way it skips "Ringtones" folder?

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse