Hello,

since I do not want to put my calendar to Google, I started to write a small program that imports my calendar entries, exported from my local organizer on the pc.

Eventually this may become a plugin to syncevolution or something similiar.

Currently the import works this way:

- export your calendar entries to an ICalendar file
- run my convertion program to convert the events to SQL statements
- scp sql statements to Jolla
- run sqlite3 reading from the sql file
- restart calendar

My conversion program is based on libical, which does all the parsing of the calendar file.
The conversion process processes events and some of the containing information, only. Currently it does not transfer alarms, recurrence, attachments, contacts, priorities, completion and other minor stuff.

There's quite a bit of hard coded stuff in it, so you would need to adapt to your needs.

All the entries added in this process is marked in the field extra1, so it's easy to identify and remove them later.

There a a few issues I don't yet know how to address:
- the path to calendar data base requires privileged rights
Is there a way to access/modify that db without devel-su?
- the calendar app does not recognize the changes until it is closed and restarted. Is there a way to notify the app that the db has changed? Is there a more proper way to access the db, so that the system will inform all the clients

So if you're still interested, send me a quick note and I will send you the source code to build it on your system. (Tested on Linux 64-Bit, should work an any system that is supported by libical)

Bye Jo

The Following User Says Thank You to tmojo For This Useful Post: