Its showing up in app manager, but it just won't install ! It say I need to use the Nokia Updater, but thats not been updated to the new firmwear (so it says you already have the newest software) and OTA won't go .. so I (and a bunch of others I guess) are stuck...

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
so is the world near the chaos?is somewhere a big black hole?does chuck norris sayed somethink too that?so lets start talking about pr1.2.when it will come?

are we there jet?????

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Optln View Post
Conversations Widget doesn't show up in the "Add Widgets" menu with my phone. Anyone else getting this problem?
I have this issue as well and I just re-installed it - seems to no option for it strange!

The Following User Says Thank You to llaadd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
Its showing up in app manager, but it just won't install ! It say I need to use the Nokia Updater, but thats not been updated to the new firmwear (so it says you already have the newest software) and OTA won't go .. so I (and a bunch of others I guess) are stuck...
yep exactly the same here...has anyone in the uk updated via NSU yet?

can someone please tell me there is a fix for the convrrsations inbox widget which seems to have been broken by pr1.2
my desktop seems so empty without it
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

ok - going to reload the old firmware via PC updater, then see if I can update OTA to the new one.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigTony For This Useful Post:
A question for all the guys who already installed PR1.2:

Any improvements on the Google Sync issues? Does it finally work or is it still messed up?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
ok - going to reload the old firmware via PC updater, then see if I can update OTA to the new one.
Thats how i had to do it. Make sure you back up!!!

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Hi all, been lurking for a while now, both me and my girlfriend got an N900 a few weeks ago and everything's great, this truly is THE ONLY phone which will do what I want, those little bits it doesn't do I don't ever use anyway..mms..please.. this is 2010!!! So yea..proper loving this phone..sorry...internet tablet lol.

Originally Posted by utterchaos View Post
i can see the update, have 64 free on root fs, but still saying i have to use my pc to update, anyideas why i am on tmobile in portsmouth uk
On Orange in Portsmouth using a handset with a Vodaphone product code and uk 203 Firmware (re-flashed from 205).

Exactly the same thing happened, I saw the update OTA but NSU said I had the latest version (PR1.1.1).

So I just flashed it with the latest 203 firmware using flasher 3.5 (which btw does work on windows 7, here's a clue, properties > compatibility mode)

If you want to flash with new firmware I assure you it's piss easy, all i did was googled 'Flash firmware N900' followed the tutorial on the first or second page and result. Obviously you'll need to change the commands slightly, but only as far as changing the file name in the dos command, nothing complex or anything a simple crtl+C ctrl+V cant sort out.

Sorry for the rambling first post but I consider it almost obligatory the amount you lot prattle on : ) lol

James

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by urayford View Post
So we should expect the OTA release in the US Thursday?
Tomorrow apparently!

Im on global fw so have to wait too, ive waited for over 2 months now though, so one more day wont hurt.
Plus it gives me time to make backups of the files ive modded and clear as much rootfs space as possible, im currently on about 62mb, which i think is cool but im going with the higher the better!