Notices

I am using version 0.3.4
(Not sure if this is relevant for devel version.)

I have 2 problems with witter:
  • kinetic scrolling the tweets should not select/change selection, I think. Other hildon apps do not select or remove selection as soon as they recognize the gesture to be meant as (kinetic) scrolling.
    This is important because with some themes readability of the selected entry is bad. So I have to click on the next or prev entry in order to read the entry I am interested in, which is odd.
  • the "+" Options +20 +50 +100 +200 would be great but do nothing, even after pressing refresh (which should not be neccessary to press anyway), at least in "search" pane, which is what I am using most of the time: always only 20 search results

Last edited by rm53; 2010-06-16 at 10:13.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by virus View Post
i havent been able to run witter on my n900 since i installed pr1.2... any help
please run witter from the command line....the instructions are repeated throughout this thread and at the top of the witter page.
but for simplicities sake...

run x-term
then:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

this will output lots of info that i will need to understand what it happening.
this is required from everyone that has a problem or bug they need to report.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
I am using version 0.3.4
(Not sure if this is relevant for devel version.)

I have 2 problems with witter:
  • kinetic scrolling the tweets should not select/change selection, I think. Other hildon apps do not select or remove selection as soon as they recognize the gesture to be meant as (kinetic) scrolling.
    This is important because with some themes readability of the selected entry is bad. So I have to click on the next or prev entry in order to read the entry I am interested in, which is odd.
  • the "+" Options +20 +50 +100 +200 would be great but do nothing, even after pressing refresh (which should not be neccessary to press anyway), at least in "search" pane, which is what I am using most of the time: always only 20 search results
i've not yet looked into how to stop the scrolling from selecting, can you tell me another python prog with kinetic scrolling that behaves 'correctly'?

search doesn't resport the plus options yet. it only just supports refresh adding new items rather than clearing results and just refetching the latest 20

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:

Originally Posted by dwould View Post
I currently know of no real bugs in witter 0.3.4-8 in extras-testing, (lots of stuff people would like to see added, but no actual bugs)
If this is true, then a vote in extras-testing will help me push this as a new update to Extras. If it is not true (much more likely) please let me know what issues really need to be fixed before pushing another version to Extras

cheers
I am encountering one bug with 0.3.4-8: if I choose full screen view, the timeline icon becomes unresponsive, no matter what theme or orientation I am using witter in.

I am also infrequently experiencing the 'hanging' of witter while retrieving the timeline, as reported by dsawhney.

In terms of feature requests: I really enjoy the + 50/100/200 feature, and think it would be very useful to be able to select in the settings the default number of tweets to retrieve at startup, so that if I prefer to have 100 instead than 20, I can always get 100 automatically.

Thanks for a great application!

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
Originally Posted by virus View Post
i havent been able to run witter on my n900 since i installed pr1.2... any help
I'm the same as you, not been able to run witter since upgrading to PR1.2

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gerrymoth View Post
Any errors if you run it from X-Terminal? (/opt/witter/witter.py)

Originally Posted by gerrymoth View Post
Have you tried to run from xterm?

At this point I really ought to put that in my sig ;-)

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by dwould View Post
I currently know of no real bugs in witter 0.3.4-8 in extras-testing, (lots of stuff people would like to see added, but no actual bugs)
If this is true, then a vote in extras-testing will help me push this as a new update to Extras. If it is not true (much more likely) please let me know what issues really need to be fixed before pushing another version to Extras

cheers
No Bugs noticed.
I do however notice that Witter hangs at random times, normally when launched, I do notice this with Gwibber as well and assume it is a Twitter or network thing and happy to put up with it.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I 've noticed that sometimes witter "loses" some tweets. Anyone else faced this problem?

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
love this app, and havent found any bugs, but the only thing that i can ask is that the scrolling be made smoother, its the only thing that lets the app down, its kind of the same choppy scrolling as conversations suffers from, is there anything you can do about it or is it limitation that you are faced with?

Tags
python, twitter