Hi,

This is yet another media question. Except the good ol' xmms, I did not find any media player able to play (err, even see) my FLAC files. I am feeling orphaned without sound.

Which player does support FLAC ? I have tried canola2, ukmp, kuga, xmms-flac, flac (ok this one works ).

Regards

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I kinda get the feeling you answered your own question.

The MediaBox Media Center plays FLAC as well as the usual suspects. I quite like it, but i don't bother with flac on the NIT.

Cheers

BT

The Following User Says Thank You to BigTony For This Useful Post:
Ok mediabox is working too but why the heck can't we choose not to be full screen ? I do not want to only liste to music when working.

It would be pretty cool to be able to minimze the player to tray... In 2008, I thought this would have been something feasible for any and every media player.

Well what's more the FLAC support is not perfect: sound is "jumping", songs are "truncated". Well, going back to xmms.

Please developpers, concentrate on features before the GUI, please, please

Last edited by maillaxa; 2008-05-20 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to maillaxa For This Useful Post:
UPDATE: canola9 can play FLAC files. If it does not, please follow these steps:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20283

Well although I found how to play them, it seems that every song is not ending "normally" as if the program truncated the song.

Has anyone tried dsp-flac (from Garage)? My understanding is that this adds a Gstreamer sink so it should work through the built-in media player.

I tried installing dsp-flac but both times I've tried I got a could not install error.

It worked perfectly here and it plays flac files like a champ now !

I am so happy