Descirption:

Phone Counter monitors the usage of phone call, SMS, MMS. After the specific limits are reached, you get the notification.

Changelog:
v1.1.0
* Add for supporting monitoring GPRS/3G traffic
* Support for unlimited counter (thanks for @HanzBlix advice)

Highlights:
* Support track the usage of phone call, SMS and MMS
* Warning when the specific limits are reached
* Support flexible billing cycles: Monthly, Weekly, Daily
* Support the option to choose monthly start date
* Support rich counter type: by Outgoing, by Incoming, by Total
* Auto-running as a daemon

TODO:
Monitor the GPRS/3G traffic

How to get it:
Please get it from here: Ovi Store

Some screenshots:

Last edited by l32606; 2012-07-12 at 06:52.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nice work!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
AWESOME, i got one question hope you can reply, will you develop a SYMBIAN version??? it would be nice

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Wow I'm a knob, I see this post, see GPRS/3G, so happy at the prospect of not having to remember to reset my data counters each billing cycle with a couple of days left on my current one, and instantly go to store and buy, look for GPRS/3G setting to no avail, come back to this post and it's under a big F off TODO lol.
Patiently waiting all the same.
It would be cool if there was unlimited options for the limits, I have unlimited SMS/MMS so for me the counter saying 55/90 etc would be better with the added option of 55, or 55/unltd etc, no biggie though.
Very good first implementation, that initialise counters function is gold!

It would be cool if there was unlimited options for the limits, I have unlimited SMS/MMS so for me the counter saying 55/90 etc would be better with the added option of 55, or 55/unltd etc, no biggie though.
Thank you for your advice. And I'll give an option to deal with unlimited plan in next version.

Very good first implementation, that initialise counters function is gold!
haha, I'm proud of the Initialize counters function.

Please note:
For the app initializes the counters according the communication history log, so there are some conditions which cause the result may less than the actual value.
- The deleted item can not be summed.
- on MeeGo system, the system will delete the call log under some conditions automatically, e.g. if you make a phone call to which phone number is same as the last call, the last call log will be deleted automatically (be replaced with the new one), which is a little weird...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
AWESOME, i got one question hope you can reply, will you develop a SYMBIAN version??? it would be nice
A Symbian version will instantly be pirated so it's like a community donation.

Sorry to say this but my friend developed a complicated app for MeeGo and Symbian. The MeeGo version is unmolested to this day but the Symbian one was hacked and distributed in 1 day.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have a feature request:

My sms's and minutes are from 1 "credit/bucket".

For example: I have 200 minutes or messages a month.
So if I send 1 sms, it will drop 1 minute of calling, if I call 1 minute, it will drop 1 sms aswell.

So adding an option to activate this would be very usefull for me.

Another thing: I won't lose the minutes/sms's that I didn't use that month and take it everytime to the next month. Can you add another counter that will count the minutes/sms's that you didn't use yet?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
A Symbian version will instantly be pirated so it's like a community donation.

Sorry to say this but my friend developed a complicated app for MeeGo and Symbian. The MeeGo version is unmolested to this day but the Symbian one was hacked and distributed in 1 day.
That unfortunately happens to many developers, especially on bigger platforms. Symbian is not the only one - look at the iPhone which has a very well protected (restricted) OS and app store. But once you "jailbreak" your phone (what nowadays is very easy to do) you easily have access to tons of hacked applications and this catalog covers pretty much everything available on the AppStore.

People are greedy nowadays, carrying around expensive phones but don't want to pay for usually already cheap apps. But any form of "art" is in danger of our copy-paste society.

@I32606: Another amazing application by you! Everything is working fine. But I also wished to have more features like data counter (very important to me) and more options for call limits warning. You implemented the option "When Call exceeds (Min.)". My phone plan counts calls per hour, not per minute. Would be amazing to have a possibility to change that.

Keep up the good work

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Extremely Useful! My operator charges me when I exceed some limits. This is what I've been loking for!

Thank you very much! Excellent work!!!!

great app after your app firewall pro + blocker!

Tags
call counter, sms counter