fmg: for me i just use slider on side of device to turn screen off and back on straight away. running thumb as estel reiterated for me and like him i only update when a new thumb release comes out. i've only got one device so i find the delay between cssu-t and thumb good for finding any major issues.

only happened once yesterday, as soon as a new web page finished loading. page was a game faq so a txt file (~25kb) with a little js embedded for scrolling. didn't have answer i wanted so can't remember page. as estel said, it is random but my device usage pretty much centres around web browsing so only place i've experienced it

Latest thumb
KP52
Swap on SD (2x1gb on 64gb sdxc managed with flopswap)
Desktop widgets pretty much stock with a few bookmarks scattered about.
Transistions.ini from cssu
Orientation lock applet installed and locked to landscape
only 1 browser window with selected page and microb bookmark window open.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
could be related to systemui-tklock replacement. can you try to find a reliable way to reproduce it? also, can you reproduce it with systemui-tklock that is in cssu-devel?
Hey fmg,

I may tell you that I think you are correct?
I have a few libs from cssu-devel on my "stock" device (one of them tklock, other alarm-dialog and powerkey). And I do experienced that absolutely random and seldom bug on my device since a few weeks/months (I believe after adding something from devel, but not sure).

Sorry for not giving more info, but I do not have any (Estel gave some good explanation).
The first time this thing appeared I went crazy, but after finding solution with locking/unlocking, I am fine with that. And it really happens seldom now (maybe once a week or even more seldom).

--edit
Hmm, after rethinking a bit it could also be the powerkey menu. Iirc it happened to me when selecting menu by power key. But do not see this as a serious info, just comes from dizzy mind

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-08-25 at 11:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
So, after much investigating, the root of the High IRQ usage turned out to be kernel-power-settings package, no matter if I have loaded default or my custom oc/undervolt profile...Uninstalling it lowered IRQ usage. Also some daemons like openntpd and advanced power monitor rise up IRQ usage. But still i2c_omap is producing like ~200 activities(170 at the best scenario) and yours is ~90. When I reflashed the device the first thing I did is check i2c_omap IRQ and it was ~130. How come yours is 90? How can I trace it furthermore? Can it be hardware issue?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
So, after much investigating, the root of the High IRQ usage turned out to be kernel-power-settings package, no matter if I have loaded default or my custom oc/undervolt profile...Uninstalling it lowered IRQ usage. Also some daemons like openntpd and advanced power monitor rise up IRQ usage. But still i2c_omap is producing like ~200 activities(170 at the best scenario) and yours is ~90. When I reflashed the device the first thing I did is check i2c_omap IRQ and it was ~130. How come yours is 90? How can I trace it furthermore? Can it be hardware issue?
I will repeat my unaswered questions from last page, which can be helpful (albeit more appropriate in kernel-power thread from now on) Do you have u-boot installed (I think loading kernel via u-boot is different than doing it using nolo)? And which hardware revision of N900 do you have? I remember from u-boot thread few months ago that one revision was different (some memory was split in half under two addresses or something) and this one revision behaved differently when booting via u-boot (afair it could not boot at all, but don't quote me on that). Maybe the combination of u-boot and your hw revision is causing differences in powertop? (just a really wild guess again)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I will repeat my unaswered questions from last page, which can be helpful (albeit more appropriate in kernel-power thread from now on) Do you have u-boot installed (I think loading kernel via u-boot is different than doing it using nolo)? And which hardware revision of N900 do you have? I remember from u-boot thread few months ago that one revision was different (some memory was split in half under two addresses or something) and this one revision behaved differently when booting via u-boot (afair it could not boot at all, but don't quote me on that). Maybe the combination of u-boot and your hw revision is causing differences in powertop? (just a really wild guess again)
Oh sorry, I didnt see your question at all

I dont have nor u-boot nor multiboot. Revision 2204

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101

So, certificates are behind fail to get A-GPS from supl.nokia.com.

Sounds like task for CSSU?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101

So, certificates are behind fail to get A-GPS from supl.nokia.com.

Sounds like task for CSSU?
AFAIK maemo system can use only certificate CAs from maemo certman. Self-signed certificates not :-( So then problem can be fixed only in target application (in this case closed location-daemon). So it looks like that fixing self-signed nokia sertificate is not possible in CSSU :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
can we push a settings change then to supl.google.com (for example) as part of an upcoming update then?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
can we push a settings change then to supl.google.com (for example) as part of an upcoming update then?
this is already done. package: location-supl-fix. but no idea if it is installed automatically by metapackage, ask merlin1991.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
The funny thing is that supl.google.com doesn't work reliably, anymore (usually shows ~center of country you're in.). See thread that I've linked to in my last post.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing