Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have no idea of the phone model at this point (sadly). I do know that the accuser is probably not a high tech geek, and has limited access to IT.

On the other hand, if she has found something like the website posted above, and the effect is that £5 will get you a text which looks like it came from a specific number, she may well consider that a good investment to attack people she doesn't like. As I say, she's made similar accusations about two different people, neither of whom is likely to be stupid enough to send an incriminating text. Though of course all things are possible!

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. Especially male stupidity when it comes to sex.

The first part of the above goes both ways, in this topic.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. Especially male stupidity when it comes to sex.

The first part of the above goes both ways, in this topic.
That is certainly true.

I checked the site on an NHS computer, and bluecoat kindly blocked it. Unless the lady has a fancy phone, she won't have any other net access. In which case your argument seems to stand.

I just find myself mystified that someone would be so dumb as to do something so obviously, unutterably stupid, which is an obvious no-no, and then send an incriminating text about it! He may not be the sharpest hypodermic on the tray, but that is mind-numbingly brainless.