Ok, so, to sum it up:

N900 was attached to a GPS Stand, attached to the front windshield by a sucker. I had it connected to the car sound through a P2 cable. Night-time. Animal crosses road. Try as I might to compensate the resulting oversteer, car ends up on the grass by the roadside.

Results: The car rolls over itself; 4 to 6 times. The driver side windows and the rear windshield are now broken. I assume the phone must have been thrown out the window on the last rollover, as I could now hear the track previously being played on the car's audio system now coming from the outside. The car luckily settled on its tires.

It was pitch black outside, and while stumbling through bushes and wild grass, I was able to guide myself to the phone through the music. Later on, I checked how it was, and aside from a minor scratch in the Zagg shield applied to the touchscreen (the rest of the body was uncovered; few scratches, though), and a bit of dirty between the phone and the screen slider...

...the phone was intact and fully operational; everything still worked as it should. I must say I was impressed.

Anyone with similar survivor stories?

Last edited by number41; 2010-12-27 at 14:02.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
Mine fell of the couch once. That was a heart stopping moment I can tell you.

I have to admit though, It's not as an impressive tail as yours

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
:O Pretty bad that my man! Lucky to be uninjured!

I've got a story......I fell off an 8' wall whilst standing (so add that height) with the phone in my pocket. I went into a coma on life support so it was pretty bad. The phone took some impact but only has scratches around the front edges (metal raised bit surrounding the screen) and is fully functional. I too was impressed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Lost mine on the ground while walking. It slid and ended up with large scratches on the screen and scratches on the metal around the screen. Looks but ugly, but fully operational.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
:O Pretty bad that my man! Lucky to be uninjured!

I've got a story......I fell off an 8' wall whilst standing (so add that height) with the phone in my pocket. I went into a coma on life support so it was pretty bad. The phone took some impact but only has scratches around the front edges (metal raised bit surrounding the screen) and is fully functional. I too was impressed.
OMG! That's Indeed a survivor story, and I'm not talking about the phone! Are you alright, now?

Well, it seems these phones were built to last, even if the OS they're running is a bit cranky.

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
OMG! That's Indeed a survivor story, and I'm not talking about the phone! Are you alright, now?

Well, it seems these phones were built to last, even if the OS they're running is a bit cranky.
Well... Not all! I dropped mine on a wooden floor from my hand after picking it up it's totally dead... Nokia replaced it since there's no external damage... I just said it shut off then it won't boot anymore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I could now hear the track previously being played on the car's audio system now coming from the outside. The car luckily settled on its tires.

It was pitch black outside, and while stumbling through bushes and wild grass, I was able to guide myself to the phone through the music.
good job you didnt have headphonedaemon installed or you may never have found it!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
good job you didnt have headphonedaemon installed or you may never have found it!!!!
*off to uninstall headphonedaemon after reading this thred*

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tolgapaksoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK

My phone is fully functional......However I am not - i've lost my sense of smell and 80% of my taste. My heads filled with metal plates & screws and a nice brain surgery scar to go with them.

On the other hand though, im still alive, not in pain anymore and apart from smell & taste, i'm not hindered by it

Lesson learnt, stay off walls when you've had a couple too many

+1 again for n900's robustness in my case

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Dude, you are focusing on 'is my cell phone alright?' after a near death experience. You should talk to someone. *pet*

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post: