Closed Thread
I would buy as soon as Nokia announces it will take PlanB and continue on the Meego-route. Until that time, it will sunk under us$8.

Nokia's friends takes increasing interest on Meego now when Nokia gave up and started to be an OEM for Microsoft.
http://www.chetansharma.com/usmarketupdate2010.htm
MeeGo is likely to go back into Intel’s camp and might look interesting to the likes of LG, Samsung and even Motorola though creating a new ecosystem is a tall order. Never a dull moment in the industry, is there?
Samsung will be probably the biggest player in the smart phone section in the end of 2011. Let's hope the rumors Samsung bringing Meego phone next autumn turns to facts.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Samsung will be probably the biggest player in the smart phone section in the end of 2011. Let's hope the rumors Samsung bringing Meego phone next autumn turns to facts.
Samsung may put TouchWiz on top of MeeGo, but it would be for no other reason to show they can. Problem is, it will not be better than Android or Bada.

Tablet or netbook is a different matter.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Tablet or netbook is a different matter.
That is the thing, smartphones are becoming small tablets. That's what the N900 is. That is what we want.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
MeeGo is better on high end devices because it's using x11 and can run just about any random open source app. In a few years time though when todays high end is low end I wouldn't be surprised to find MeeGo everywhere. I can't see why Nokia is planning on keeping S40 as Android already runs on devices at around $200. In a year those devices will be around $100 and will destroy the S40 market. Symbian had a chance to compete against Android but S40 doesn't. I can't really see the point with Bada either as only Samsung is using it. Android will probably eat Bada's lunch too.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
That is the thing, smartphones are becoming small tablets. That's what the N900 is. That is what we want.
Too bad that is what Samsung do not want to make. Samsung is very opportunustic, and makes everything they think will be hot. If they make something that is not, they forget about it the next day, and you can forget any updates what so ever. Even the hot things becomes old very fast at Samsung. One exception is the Wave, the first Bada phone. it will get Bada 2,0.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
no matter how low the stock drops I know Nokia isn't gonna just go away because they don't release products that appease users of high- end devices....

The "right" time to buy stocks may have been last wednesday, at about 1AM. About when they published the bleak future article. Let's see

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by volt View Post
The "right" time to buy stocks may have been last wednesday, at about 1AM. About when they published the bleak future article. Let's see
Think of it this way... if the speculation continues as this board thinks it will... buying Nokia stock now might be a cheaper way to obtain Microsoft stock in the near future.

I'm not at all (personally) hopeful it will bounce back for at least a year. That's based off of merely opinion, zero facts.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm not at all (personally) hopeful it will bounce back for at least a year. That's based off of merely opinion, zero facts.
I actually agree. I'm thinking 2 or 3. But I can wait.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's all relative. If someone is satisfied with a rise of a few points, I don't think they will have to wait a year.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen