Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
My n800 is at a nokia repair center (I feel naked somehow ). My first test after upgrading would be usb host mode. Does anybody know how it would go??

I too am dissapointed by no A2DP in the latest update. It was what I most wanted. But being a non-techy, I have a question. What is involved technically in adding A2DP? Is it even possible without a hardware upgrade? Here's hoping that it is and it comes soon!

Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
The ONE thing I don't get is why Flash videos (youtube) are getting slower with every new firmware update??? This release has Flash9 support. Great, BUT youtube is working slower than in the last firmware!
Here youtube works *much* better than with previous firmware...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by elpaso View Post
Here youtube works *much* better than with previous firmware...
Yes, me too, as already mentioned by Thoughtfix, once the video has finished to download thing even improve (but then... what's the advantage over uktube which also lets yo see fullscreen? )

Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
The ONE thing I don't get is why Flash videos (youtube) are getting slower with every new firmware update??? This release has Flash9 support. Great, BUT youtube is working slower than in the last firmware!
Actually its quite odd. When YouTube is downloading, it is chunky. But as soon as its done downloading, its about twice as fast as it used to be.

I feel the device is a little snappier too. Once I get home I'll give it a better run down, but I am pretty happy with this update. .ASF support allows you to stream from sites that use Windows Media, thats a good thing!

I'm still going to get an iPhone when I can actually find one, but the N800 is worth keeping around now IMO... Built in SDHC support is what I was waiting for, I didn't feel like using a different kernel.

Now all we need is an update to Opera 9 with some fancier scaling, and a GOOD email client

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
... and one more thing: The famous memory card corruption bug is claimed to be solved in this firmware... But we'll see...
I hope so.... I saw it was "fixed" in bugzilla. Not sure I want to test it though! lost too many cards already

Looks like GIZMO IM is broken by this update. See buddies in list but not their online status.

Websites Render sucks! Now the browser seems broken or something. No text field in many sites, the scroll bar is screwed and I a see a lot of "echos" in the bottom of the screen.

This update WAS NOT ready to release

Which websites are not rendering properly? Do provide a few examples so that we can test and verify too. Thanks!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

Here try and see if this website will load:

https://garage.maemo.org/

I'm having all kinds of problem withis one.

I think it will take a couple of days before the dusts settles on the new firmware and Nokia straightens out all the problems.

But at least Skype is working.

Regards Robert