Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
try #17 post in opensh. if not work - flash to normal node, disable disclaimer and then flash kernel again

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ok, so this still only works for those who can boot to normal mode (whoever that is)? Those of us running in Open Mode can't get rid of this awful screen?
sure we can, but need to flash complete, stock image first, then remove the disclaimer, and finally, reflash open mode kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Doesn't seem to work for me:

Code:
~ # apscli -s signon-private:Se -D
apscli.cpp(721): ERROR: Storage 'signon-private' could not be removed (Permission denied)
Do I need a special kernel or something to be able to use it?
Will the store be re-created automatically or do I have to use ap.scli to re-create it (if so, with which option)?
it worked for me using opensh on the terminal...
do you have inception?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
it worked for me using opensh on the terminal...
It also worked for me after installing opensh, but there was still some other problem that I didn't want to deal with, so I flashed back to closed mode for now Would be great if someone for whom it worked could write down the necessary steps for future reference.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Just tested this again from a closed mode flash using Developer mode and devel-su and placing it here in case I have to do this again:

Code:
~ # disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode
disclaimer-cal: Disclaimer removed from CAL (truncated to zero size)
Then shut down, wait for the device to completely power off, then start flasher and flash e.g. the openmode kernel as described in this post. After that, open mode is enabled and the image disabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
This is a great guide for removing/hiding the open-mode warning, but can anybody tell me how I can get my passwords lasting more than one boot?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
This is a great guide for removing/hiding the open-mode warning, but can anybody tell me how I can get my passwords lasting more than one boot?
Search TMO there are step by step instructions available, basicly by using latest PR, and if going to openmode, dont boot to secure mode between flashing the device and triggering openmode flag. If you do then then need to wipe aegis stores so they will be recreated with openmode keys.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Discussed in this thread, see especially #356 IIRC:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81579&page=36
Most of the needed info's in the 1st post, although some if it's probably contextually outdated.