Active Topics

Notices

Hello everybody,

I installed yesturday the new firmware version on my phone and re-install all my applications. I used FM Radio Player this morning. It seems to work.

But, when I stopped FM Radio Player and start it again, it never works now : it activates the Bluetooth and display all the usual messages at start but there is no sound at all.

I tried all the usal manipulations :
- Unplug and plug the headphones
- Reboot the device
- Uninstall and reinstall the FM Radio Player application
But there is no change at all.

Could someone help me with this issue ? Is it a known issue ? Is it due to PR1.3 or there is no link at all ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
my radio has also no sound since PR1.3

The strangiest part for me is that it works one time with this firmware upgrade. In addition, the radio name detected from radio waves is correctly displayed.

So I think it is not an hardware issue : maybe just a configuration file from FM Radio Player corrupted.

Do you know where are the configuration files from FM Radio Player ?

Still works for me. I listened this morning too, and just now opened to test it again.
I have not updated that "n900-fmrx-enabler" program yet though, and it had an update recently too. Do you have that installed and updated? Just a possibility.

Last edited by lancewex; 2010-10-26 at 19:49.

I discover a manipulation to get back the use of FM Radio Player :
- Reboot the device
- Don't start any applications, just start a terminal X
- As root, delete the file /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmradio/%gconf.xml
- Rebbot the device again
- Start FM Radio Player : it should works again

This workaround doesn't fix the real issue : after a few uses, I have the sound problem again.

@lancewex : No, I have not uninstall "n900-fmrx-enabler" and try to update : I will try when I have the issue again and tell you.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I'm the author of the n900-fmrx-enabler package.
It's normally used by FM Radio and was in the extras repository.

For the FM radio support of Qt mobile, Nokia is now using this package, too, so they put it into the Nokia update repository, probably built from an unstable SVN version.

Replacing it with the stable version from extras may help until this issue got resolved.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
This would mean that the FM radio tuner is now an officially supported component on the N900 with PR 1.3.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
For me FM Radio player (wide; unlocked range 76-108) seems to work normally. I have started it two times since updating (over-the-air) to PR1.3. Both times, there would be no evident problems.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
This would mean that the FM radio tuner is now an officially supported component on the N900 with PR 1.3.
that's weird, i installed the fm enabler update and the FM radio became stuttering and then after a few SMS later it is now no longer working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I installed the fm enabler and now fm radio doesn' t work. It worked the first time I opened it but when I closed it, the bluetooth remained open and now its not working.

Tags
fm player, help wanted