Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'm not answering simply because I don't know, but: I doubt it's possible, as we need custom bootloading (moslo) to work also.

But that's rather outside my area of expertise...
I found a thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1182789
dunno it is outdated or not

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
noob question. is it possible to hav tizen with nemo??

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
noob question. is it possible to hav tizen with nemo??
It's not entirely clear to me what your question is, so sorry if I've misunderstood.

It is possible to run some Tizen applications on Nemo via Tizmee. But it's not possible to dual-boot Nemo and Tizen on any hardware at the moment if that's what you meant.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Thanks w00t for ur answer.. I guess I'll until somebody comes up with a new boot for the N9.. I really would love to try Nemo..

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Thanks again to 'special', Conversations will be having its first release sometime this week, some screenshots (note that these are really being used, not just mockups anymore):

Now, a little about what Conversations is... It's an IM application, using Telepathy for the messaging part.

Out of the box, it should support Jabber, possibly Facebook, etc, etc. It's the same plumbing as what the N9 (and N900, and other Maemo devices) use under the hood.

With some work, it should also be able to support SMS (thanks to telepathy-ring), but that's not done yet. What also hasn't been done (yet) is to provide a way to easily configure accounts, set them online, etc. You'll need to do that via a command line tool called 'mc-tool'.

All in all, this is very much 0.0.1-style stuff at the moment, fairly basic in terms of functionality etc, so don't expect everything to just work™, but it's some more very promising progress! I'll be trying to help get the first release pushed to OBS (and Nemo) in the next day or so.

I've also nagged special to come post in this thread, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and hopefully he'll be able to help.

Last edited by w00t; 2012-07-29 at 20:16.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Good morning everyone!

The concept has been proven. Yes, it is possible to create a nice and cool looking desktop user experience with QML.

This is based on w00t's prototype called "lipstick". There's still work to be done, but for the moment, let me present you a video on my progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zg0NvSaXmY

What works right now:
- App launcher
- Task switcher
- Status bar
- Automatic rotation

Thanks for watching!
If you have any opinions / recommendations / ideas / questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

FAQ:
- Yes, I want it to have widgets.
- Yes, I want it to have an event feed.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hi Partyboy,

If call is working for you (and others?), what could I have done wrong?
I flashed the SD image. loaded kernel with u-boot (ah, maybe newest u-boot by pali used) and just opened dialer and entered some munber and pressed green button. But to no avail. Similar on getting called. One time a heard a ringing tone, but no more (no dialer or notification popped up). Later on I did see the missed call on log!?
And: I was connected to network, a sending/receiving SMS worked! (So I thought, similar status as nitdroid?)

And for WLAN: is it possible to enter access data for a hidden network?

Thanks.
I am facing the same issue too. Can some one please shed some light on this

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
we cant merge nemo with maemo?? i mean we can do both things in 1 OS.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Do you actually know (if ever) what you are talking about ? Hint: Don't volunteer to play the Donny here.

My nick name is niqt (i'm Nicola)

The Following User Says Thank You to niqt For This Useful Post: