Notices

I am having an odd issue regarding album art with the stock N900 media player. I have two albums, titled "2/3 (remixed)" by "Album" (yes, =b the group is called Album) and "23" by "Blonde Redhead". But both show the same album art (the one that corresponds to "23").

The first album has a file "cover.jpg" for the art and the later has the album art embedded in one of the .wma files (this one is the one that's shown for both). Each album is on its own folder in the filesystem.

Is there a way to get this sorted out? Reseting tracker didn't seem to help.

P.S. I believe that the reason for this is that the albums' titles are too similar and get hashed to the same file in the album art cache folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to curobosqui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
If i'm not wrong, The N900 encounters some issues with WMA files. Try to convert them in MP3, then add a new cover to the files with Audioshell tag editor (I'm using windows XP).
For a better result, try to rename the album by adding "Promo CDs" for example or something which will differ from the first.
I hope it will help you.
Happy New Year.

Thanks Boemien, I'll give it a try. For what it's worth, all the files for the album "2/3 (remixed)" are mp3 files.

Is there a way to see/know how the cover art extractor chooses the filename of the jpeg it saves to ~/.cache/media-art ? I could understand that it ignores the "/" for making the hash, but not why it would ignore the whole "(remixed)" part.