Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Arrive in Q1, 2013
Yes, the 2013 the phones get even bigger

GNote III 6.3 sounds great and this one: http://phandroid.com/2012/12/29/more...i-ascend-mate/

and I'm sure we will see even more big foots...sorry, big phones now

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Jelly bean begins Rollin out in Poland.

http://www.android.gs/android-4-1-2-...ble-in-poland/

Edit: might be fake. I can't find a good source!

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-09 at 21:12.

What is the best way to mount Note on a linux box?

I tried using jmtpfs. Although, it worked on cli but digikam didnt play nice with it. I was trying to get some photos off the device.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jelly bean begins Rollin out in Poland.
http://www.android.gs/android-4-1-2-...ble-in-poland/
Edit: might be fake. I can't find a good source!
Could be true, seems to happen haphazardly around the world once in a while.
A lone French user received a beta of 4.1.2 on his Note last November, OTA, just like that.
This was verified because he was not a geek and called for help on a forum. Local Android hackers helped him do a ROM dump and upload it to XDA. Various "repacks" were created from the dump.

It is unclear if these events are caused by human error, bugs in Samsung's update framework, or something else.
Some suspect Samsung may be doing it on purpose to keep the community abuzz... or to crowdsource bug-fixing :-)

Well I used to wish for an n800 or n810 with cell service. Seemed like a great form factor. Once iOS/Android rolled out in full swing, I was content with smaller phones that had similar screen real estate.

The Galaxy Note came out and I was like "Whoah Nelly! That's a giant phone!". I couldn't see myself trading in my little iPhone for it.

Then I was at the store and played w/ the Note 2. Seemed SOOOOOO big. I didn't think I'd be able to hack it. So I researched a bit and it is barely bigger than an n800 and a lot thinner. As soon as I realized it, I hit the store and snagged one.

This is a great device. Truthfully, I'd love to run a full Linux OS on it, but what you are able to do with the gorgeous 5.5 inch screen on a phone is awesome (and it can plug into a monitor as well). I still need a larger screen for heavy browsing and a desktop for heavy lifting, but if you have to carry a phone anyway these days and you are the type to be reading a post here, I recommend the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxinflixion For This Useful Post:
Well, even if that was the case. I wouldn't calling that a 4.1.2 JB rollout and I would certainly not write it on my blog/paper.

Unfortunately I think this whole thing was a mistake by someone.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Hello Folks,though I did lay down my N900 some time ago (but still have it and break it out from time to time) and I do have the note 1 now running JB 4.1.2 from a dump that was made from the folks at XDA via the gentlemen that got the leak and to be honest I haven't felt the need to upgrade to the note 2 as I thought I might as we now have all the goodies minus the quad-core and slightly bigger screen..and just for giggles I am picking up an N9 later today..thus my reason for stopping by..
Attached Images

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
What is the best way to mount Note on a linux box?

I tried using jmtpfs. Although, it worked on cli but digikam didnt play nice with it. I was trying to get some photos off the device.
Best, hmmm...I don't know about best but how about good old USB Mass Storage mode.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/18/...galaxy-note-2/

4.1.2 rollin...

EDIT: Just ignore that the link says note-2. They just forgot to change it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-02-18 at 13:33.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I've been having fun playing with xperiacles mods for the Galaxy Note N7000 which makes multiple re-sizable windows. If you look at the bottom right window of the left most image you will see ubuntu (LXDE) running. In ubuntu I'm running wxmaxima. You can rotate the 3D graph shown as well as resize it - all in that window. The second screen shot shows you can also move windows around in screen. Unfortunately, angry birds did not survive moving about. But that's fine as I need to get some work done at times!

EDIT:Looks like angry birds does work! One needs to make sure that a proper aspect ratio is maintained when resizing the window. Oh well, so much for productivity at work...
Attached Images

Last edited by mscion; 2013-03-04 at 12:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note