Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
For those looking for the brand new Skype on Droid, get it here today, before somebody close it down, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeu...cked-apps.html.

It installed, worked for a minute or so, and crashed. Yes, your party can hear you, still playing with it. Crashed couple of times

bun

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Is it that crappy app that just calls a landline in the us which then forwards the call?
I think that the aforementioned landline is only free on verizon too.
Or is it a new truly VOIP one?

Just be weary when using it outside the us.
________
Glass Pipes

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:41.

I know, I know, it crashed all the time, not quite working today, I still think it is good to grab a copy before it disappear, and this copy is a hacked copy that allows US skype user talk over 3G, while the official one only allows wifi. If you have a real droid phone, you need this hacked version.

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-10 at 04:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Isn't it that crappy app that just calls a landline in the us which then forwards the call?
I think that the aforementioned landline is only free on verizon too.
Just be weary when using it outside the us.
I am not following what you are talking. I am using Skype as my main carrier. Canada/USA $2.75 a month plus whatever per min to Europe and Asia. Find me a better deal! It calls landline and computer to computer. For computer to computer call, it is free. I just checked, worked, still need to avoid the crashed. Yes, voice/talk/call all work on computer to computer call. Quality is fair. and sure, it crashed during the call.

Skype works fantastic, today, on mameo. Skype is till problematic on nitdroid, not sure about how it performs on real droid phones. For me, I depend on Skype.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-10 at 04:16.

Tags
nitdroid, skype