Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
2.1.1.12 is not the release version coming to end users so all patches will have to be updated again anyway.....
So i can't make patchmanager compatible only with 2.1.1.12. It will be updated, when release happen

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I would kill for a patch moving notifications (Charger plugged, Low battery, Connected, New maps to download in Here WeGo, etc.) away from the very top of the screen and 1. hiding the status bar, 2. hiding the search field in some applications. Here WeGo for instance: you start it to get your position as you realize you're getting lost, but damn you never took the time to update those offline maps, now you can only wait until all notifications go away before you can type your search terms.

Moving the notifications to the bottom of the screen (and make them easy to swipe away (for hiding) or tap (for more details) with the thumb by the way) would be good. Even better would be a patch allowing to adjust the Y coordinates to whatever you prefer, like still on the top but below the status bar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I would kill for a patch moving notifications (Charger plugged, Low battery, Connected, New maps to download in Here WeGo, etc.) away from the very top of the screen and 1. hiding the status bar, 2. hiding the search field in some applications. Here WeGo for instance: you start it to get your position as you realize you're getting lost, but damn you never took the time to update those offline maps, now you can only wait until all notifications go away before you can type your search terms.

Moving the notifications to the bottom of the screen (and make them easy to swipe away (for hiding) or tap (for more details) with the thumb by the way) would be good. Even better would be a patch allowing to adjust the Y coordinates to whatever you prefer, like still on the top but below the status bar.
There is already patch for this swipe to hide notification.

https://openrepos.net/content/alina/...ations-dismiss

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:
I know but that does not solve the whole issue. I mentioned swiping the notifications to dismiss them in my message because I thought it would be good if both patches could be compatible. Sorry if that was not clear.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Moving the notifications to the bottom of the screen
The problem is that this means notifications would have to behave differently with the keyboard active, as you don't want to hit a notification while you're typing, and you don't want that notification to cover up your text field either. I also think notifications by themselves are better off at the bottom of the screen, but when you have to take into account all the possible things a notification could obstruct, the top of the screen is really the place where they are least likely to get in your way. Recent versions of Android and iOS now finally have a use for their top bar and show incoming notifications there, so they don't cover anything (except notification icons), but of course there is no such bar on Sailfish. It really is a difficult problem to solve and there may be no ideal solution.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Good point, I didn't think about the keyboard, but then that's why an adjustable Y would be convenient to let users decide by themselves where the notifications would be the less likely to conceal fields given the applications they usually use.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I think if you're going that far it probably makes more sense to ask application developers not to put important functionality in a place where it could be hidden by an incoming notification. Jolla's own applications manage to avoid the problem, anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I think if you're going that far it probably makes more sense to ask application developers not to put important functionality in a place where it could be hidden by an incoming notification.
+1 on that!

That of course assumes that the OS UI is not going to change and that the notifications will stay where they are. As we know, this has not always been the case with Sailfish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@coderus, can you please take a look at issue #12 in
Originally Posted by olf View Post
post # 2249
, *before* SailfishOS 2.1.1 is publicly released.
I am afraid Patchmanager 2.0 might acquire a bad reputation, if automatically uninstalling all Patches on a SailfishOS upgrade fails for many, possibly leading to broad range of issues on their devices.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by olf View Post
@coderus, can you please take a look at issue #12 in , *before* SailfishOS 2.1.1 is publicly released.
I am afraid Patchmanager 2.0 might acquire a bad reputation, if automatically uninstalling all Patches on a SailfishOS upgrade fails for many, possibly leading to broad range of issues on their devices.
"Unapply all patches" works fine on 2.1.0.x

peoples reported this patch fails to apply on 2.1.1.x, patchmanager will be updated with compatibility changes after 2.1.1.x will be released officially to EA.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os