Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, I'm not sure I can force the backlight to stay on from within the app itself.
You can do it with libx11 by setting the "_HILDON_DO_NOT_DISTURB" property: https://github.com/marxoft/qt-compon...creensaver.cpp.

NOTE: I'm not certain that the above example works. It may be necessary to pass the id of the application window, instead of using the desktop widget.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
On managing external links:

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You can override the default behaviour when clicking on links by setting the 'linkDelegationPolicy' property of QWebPage to QWebPage :: DelegateAllLinks (or QWebPage :: DelegateExternalLinks if you want the QWebView to handle local resources).
Cool, I'll give that a shot! I was thinking of perhaps displaying the RSS feed in something other than a QWebView in order to have better control over the embedded links & such, but it is so much easier to just construct an HTML page and let the web viewer do all the hard work.

On managing the backlight:

You can do it with libx11 by setting the "_HILDON_DO_NOT_DISTURB" property
Thank you very much! I'll use this for Linguine videos asap.

with the webview, would it be cleaner looking to implement a stylesheet. that way you could cheat a bit to recreate maemo ui colors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
with the webview, would it be cleaner looking to implement a stylesheet. that way you could cheat a bit to recreate maemo ui colors.
That shouldn't be too hard to do, I've been learning a bit about stylesheets elsewhere. However, every time I play around with setting colors, I start worrying that I'll end up clashing with any theming choices made by the user. Do you know if there's a way to find out what the user's theme color scheme is?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Do you know if there's a way to find out what the user's theme color scheme is?
You can use QMaemo5Style::standardColor(). There's a list of the colors here: https://github.com/marxoft/qt-compon...tformstyle.cpp.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You can use QMaemo5Style::standardColor().
Marxian to the rescue again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Well, given the set of requests brought up yesterday and the equal set of solutions immediately provided by Marxian to each request, it seemed only logical to go ahead and implement those solutions. So, version 0.2.1 is now working its way into extras-devel. In this version, the screen saver is now turned off while videos are running. (As it turns out, at least when using Maemo's stacked windows, you need to set the do-not-disturb property on the currently active window, rather than the main application window.) One curiosity is that when you turn the property off, Maemo does not immediately restart the screen saver timer; you apparently need to perform an action (such as closing the video window or changing the volume) to get the timer moving again. (I would imagine that there is some way to programmatically force it to start again, I'll look into it...)

Also in this release, clicking on links in the RSS Text display will open them in the default web browser, rather than in Linguine itself. This works much much better.

And, the Text RSS display is now colored in a manner that should fit better with the user's chosen theme. There isn't a 1-1 mapping from Maemo text colors to HTML CSS text colors, but they can get pretty close; I've got the "Default Background Color" and "Default Text Color" set as the CSS defaults, and I've associated the "Active Text Color" with links. In any case, here's a screenshot of a Text RSS using this scheme:

I've also continued to add a few more news feeds. In particular, I've got ICI Radio-Canada audio headlines and text RSS. (ICI is the Francophone half of the CBC.) As before, please go to the main menu and select "Reset Newsfeeds" to pick up these new feeds. Thanks! (And thanks Marxian!)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Colors in screenshot look good enough to me

Last edited by Android_808; 2014-08-01 at 06:46. Reason: spelling correction

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Quick request can we name the window after the feed name, like media player and other media applications do?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
podcast, rss reader