Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
It's actually a hint for Nokia's next MeeGo device codenamed Switchblade
More like a brokenBlade, or bluntBlade, or even worst ShittyBlade lol.
Man I feel sorry for Nokia. I'm not buying their N8 or N9 lol, I'll wait until their MeeGo is fully mature then I'll buy the one that meet my specification.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm stealing this.
LOL...that has been the "catch phrase d'jour" on CNBC the past few weeks.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
If Nokia just stay with 1 N-series device and mantaining it and improving it would just like the iPhone. One product but doing it well
see article above

Our strategy will be a volume-driven game, rather than concentrating on one or two products. We are the only company that plays in the whole cross section

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
It's actually a hint for Nokia's next MeeGo device codenamed Switchblade
The release name will be "Butterknife!" The marketing pitch will be something like..."If you have butterfingers, want a phone with rounded edges and craving a dull looking device.. get the latest Nokia!"

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
don't try to catch a falling knife..
But again: if you wait for the knife to land, you'll never buy.

Even as Nokia stock declines for now, it's still a good buy. I predict at least back to $20 in 2 years. If it isn't, that will indicate bad news overall...

Here's what I'm hoping to see from Nokia... (based on recent news reports)

June 30th - preview of N9 MeeGo phone
August - N8 release
October/November - N9 release
4th quarter - Nokia tablet running MeeGo

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
OK Nokia will report Q2 2010 on Thursday and I would not say it looks good. will be interesting to see how the nokia stock/market reacts.

can the decreased profit be big enough to surprise the market and kick up the stock?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
OK Nokia will report Q2 2010 on Thursday and I would not say it looks good. will be interesting to see how the nokia stock/market reacts.

can the decreased profit be big enough to surprise the market and kick up the stock?
The stock was priced for horrible results, and I was thinking that it couldn't at least go down. Now rumours about OPK getting kicked has caused a +4% surge in Helsinki. So there's room for price to go down again on thursday.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well if that is the case you should wait until just before nokia announce OPK will be replaced and sell a few days after

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The Ford stock I bought for $2 a share is still worth more than five times higher (only that much because it's fallen a bit). I'd like to get another value like that! Nokia could be a surprise.

On the other hand, is anyone thinking of selling Nokia short?

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen