Active Topics

Notices

Hi, I'm using Wazapp nightly35. Worked flawlessly till yesterday. now media sending seems to be broken. When I try to upload an image it first seems to work, it even uploads but then in the end fails and the dot stays red. reinstalling hasn't solved the issue. any idea on this? thanks in advance.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Same issue for me.

Originally Posted by foredoomed View Post
Hi, I'm using Wazapp nightly35. Worked flawlessly till yesterday. now media sending seems to be broken. When I try to upload an image it first seems to work, it even uploads but then in the end fails and the dot stays red. reinstalling hasn't solved the issue. any idea on this? thanks in advance.
just tried media sending, works ..

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Even pictures?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Santa Cruz, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Sending Images worked this morning perfect. Now not working... =/

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
whatsapp servers have restrictions for media. you need to resize them before sending.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Madrid, Spain.
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
whatsapp servers have restrictions for media. you need to resize them before sending.
But having activated "resize image before sending" in Media Sending at settings i think doesnt work correctly.
Because i have it activated and wazzap fails sending images....

I have had to resize images throw gallery options.... and it slow and (sorry) tiring...

Thanks a lot.
Oscar.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Same issue here, using Wazapp 0.9.20. Resize images option is active and as of today sending fails. The progress bar is displayed and when the upload finishes a Retry button is displayed.

I have wazapp 0.9.20.0 nigthly24 version...i didnt try the new verisons yet because this one works perfect...as they say..."IF ITS NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT"

anyway i never had problems sending 1mb images until yesterday,,when it started sayng "retry" after having loaded it.

I fixed the probl, just doing a manual resize with the N9 image editor settings
I reduced the pic at about 25%, more or less 50kb weight and it worked
wazzapp sent it perfectly

I honestly don't know why it started behaving like this...but i'm curious....for sure must be some restriciotns made by whatsapp servers.
cheers and long life to the N9 and to the good people like coderus that supports this device

The Following User Says Thank You to maxkotzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Did a resize as maxkotzen suggested and the image was sent successfully. Thanks.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp