Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
I just got a package from Finland delivered

So Order No #838 in Germany is now shipped too

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Good to hear phones are arriving and looking up FedEx reference number is a great deal - can be quiet important to know when you or someone should be home to receive it.

Mine is still in "Paid" but my order number is very close to the ones being "in Picking". It seems that since Thursday nothing has changed... Well, I don't feel like "The first one" anymore, but it's indeed great to hear that many Jolla's are being shipped to some lucky buyers Good of Jolla to chose FedEx since the delivery seems to be incredibly fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Same Story: Jolla.com = paid; just received an E-Mail with tracking number; checked the tracking --> got it already delivered today )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foredoomed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Its seems like they had worked like crazy to deliver and alot of stuff is done manually.

So no point rant instead go to fedex page as someone already said in this thread and select track by reference and input your orderid and country/postage.

All who has "picking" will probadly get some kind of status.

In my case its till in finland but registered. So my guess is it will be shipped this week hopefully tonight and then hopefully I can contact FedeX to send it to my work...

Anyway, everybody should understand that they work already alot more than they should to get the device delivered.

I am almost sure they had payed alot more for shipment than what they had expected at the beginning.

Just to make sure as many as possible get the device to christmas.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I just got an email from Jolla answering a question I made about the shipping status 6 days ago. The answer I got was only a copy-paste from the FAQs.

Really Jolla? Really? Do you think we are like the brainless ones that just buy the phone for playing Angry Birds?

I am really frustrated about the communication policy of Jolla. Really #unlike. #unlike how it should be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lupastro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
This opinion of mine would present cybette's participation in this thread and on twitter as being about as open as I would expect them to be without taking unnecessary risks. So far I haven't seen any press articles about this, because I think the whining on this forum is taken with a pinch of salt.
Yes, there are press articles of the whining in this forum and of the Google Spreadsheet. On the major German tech news at least...

Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
I am really frustrated about the communication policy of Jolla. Really #unlike. #unlike how it should be.
It's a company of 80 people taking care of the whole smartphone manufacturing process (hardware, software, selling, etc). Not 80k, not 8k, just 80. Do you have any idea of what this entails?

I don't, because there is currently no company with the same core business (Tizen/Samsung is clearly not production-ready yet). Yes, they should improve communication, but just remember first version of Android, and consider that they had all the human and financial power of Google behind it. Despite the resources, Android as OS sucked for the first 2 years.

Jolla is clearly making mistakes on the selling part. However it is also something they can quickly and easily fix in a near future.

Last edited by simon@; 2013-12-16 at 13:33.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to simon@ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
All who has "picking" will probadly get some kind of status.
Yes, it is good tip. Many are still in Paid, unfortunately.

Anyway, everybody should understand that they work already alot more than they should to get the device delivered.
Frankly, I don't see how that follows. Anyway, many are irked by lack of open communications (instead copy-paste style PR vagueness), people would be far more understanding if kept in the loop I'd wager. I understand you and others feel differently than some and are entitled to of course, but you telling how "everyone" should be isn't really helpful. We have different opinions on how Jolla should conduct its pre-orders.

Information is always helpful. So thank you to whomever noted the FedEx order reference tip, I wish it had come from Jolla, but nevertheless it was helpful.

Just to make sure as many as possible get the device to christmas.
It was supposed to be by Christmas according to the December 12th update, so I'd hope all of them make it.

I just recieved track and trace for my jolla as well here in Denmark.
Number doesn´t work on fedex homepage though.
Never mind,,,very exciting.
hannec

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hannec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simon@ View Post
It's a company of 80 people taking care of the whole smartphone manufacturing process (hardware, software, selling, etc). Not 80k, not 8k, just 80. Do you have any idea of what this entails?
Jolla does have enough time to communicate to us the broad shipping status. Their decision to not tell anything specific is not restrained by time, that much is clear - because then they wouldn't have time for any of the PR messages they send out.

In reality, better communications is a decision from them. Nothing more. It would take mere minutes once every or every other day by one Jolla employee. One. Jolla has decided not to report specifics. It is a choice, not time restraint.

I repeat my suggestion to Jolla's Twitter, how would the response been if these kinds of single daily tweets would have come - already from the moment they were starting to face issues:

Monday: 55% of all pre-orders are now out!
Tuesday: Hit 70% today, making up for lost time! Yay!
Wednesday: 90%, the homerun is opening!
Thursday: All Jolla pre-orders have been mailed! Happy Holidays to all the sailors!

In reality, time needed mere minutes for a quick check with the shipping people and formulating a upbeat but informative tweet each day, or every other day if better.

Or some other communications solution similar to this. This is definitely not the only realistic idea that would have kept the community in the loop and helped goodwill/understanding and overall the wait.