I have a Nokia N800 with latest OS2007... I spent 10 hours over on kismet website, dsniffer website, aircrack-ng website, & I searched every forum in here... and... I am still TOTALLY CLUELESS... what I got so far is this stuff will have to be run from X-term... ok I know how to load that program and to then type in "sudo gainroot" so I can become root... OK BUT GUESS WHAT... How do I install even one of these programs??? I need step-by-step instructions... a repository would be just perfect if possible! Pleeeease help this newbie!!

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Very hard, requires alot of knowledge. The only way you can possibly crack is if the network is using a default password. Search the internet for router defaults.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
Very hard, requires alot of knowledge. The only way you can possibly crack is if the network is using a default password. Search the internet for router defaults.
Wrong is actually very simple... He is trying to crack the scurity encription IE: WEP... Not the router

It does require some knowladge in Linux and WiFi sniffing tools...

I would recomend to download Auditor and practice there...

Also if the WiFi network is using WAP 2 or WAP you are preatty much out of luck.. WEP is very simple to crack

Here is a good tutorial...
Word of ethics.. use this information and advice for knowladge only cracking WEP has become a serious isues even leading to jail time if caught.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/24244/98/

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Good advice...
Word of ethics.. use this information and advice for knowladge only cracking WEP has become a serious isues even leading to jail time if caught.
Exactly. It does require knowledge. I'm not trying to be a forum cop or wise *** but, I for one don't like the idea that the neighbors kid using his mom's N800 stuck to the fridge and information he got casually on the net could "power hack" my PAN...

If you are looking to gain access to a net that you stumbled upon at work or something; the easiest hack is a social one... Find someone who has access and ask for the configuration and key.

The same goes for information needed that is not in the publics domain... Using a private message system or email would not give my neighbors kid any new ideas.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-04-01 at 20:58.

interesting enough, auditor is not available for download but everything else is. Does anypny have a link for auditor?

The Following User Says Thank You to play2win For This Useful Post:
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
auditor and WHAX (White Hat Slax) have been merged. Back|Track is the new disto...

http://remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless