Originally Posted by MFaroTusino View Post
I was looking through some dev stuff, and came across contextkit. It can be used for a few things across the device, one is for the SimATK. I was wondering if anybody knew a way to modify it, in order to replace the text with something of my own choosing?
What exactly would you like to do with the SimATK? There are two parts to it: the cell name display on the home screen and the separate SIM menu application (with the annoying SIM icon). The cell name display on the home screen isn't really useful for any other purposes since it always contains the SIM icon (which can be removed from the CSS though) and a localized string "Cell info: ", which is not overridable.

If you want to change the operator name shown in the status bar though, just override the values for ContextKit keys Cellular.NetworkName and Cellular.ExtendedNetworkName (see https://meego.gitorious.org/meegotou...or.cpp#line468) by creating context properties and using -1 as their timestamps.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
It can probably be changed by use of something similar to glol (contextkit) or by editing system-ui's source.
No need to touch system-ui for this.

(I thought I had already explained this somewhere, but it seems that it was in the original poster's own blog. )

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-08-13 at 10:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Hell yes, so it's possible after all, no need to hide it using bunch of custom network icons like some methods.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Operator name changing will be included in Home screen settings 1.6.0, which is currently waiting for translations to arrive.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Can you explain please exactly, how do you do this?
Which files modified and how?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Can you explain please exactly, how do you do this?
By creating a context provider for the Cellular.NetworkName ContextKit key which overrides the value supplied by the default provider.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Which files modified and how?
It's not a matter of modifying some pre-existing files but writing code. The Context Framework documentation is available here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
By creating a context provider for the Cellular.NetworkName ContextKit key which overrides the value supplied by the default provider.

It's not a matter of modifying some pre-existing files but writing code. The Context Framework documentation is available here.
Vesuri, what the heck are you waiting for? many of us would love to have it and we agreed (right?) that there's no point of keeping harmattan clean without remaking it (right?)
so.... thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
Vesuri, what the heck are you waiting for?
Done already, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=68

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
@Vesuri & @Schturman

I'm sorry if i missread this,
in the N9QTweak by Schturman says do not install Vesuri's Homescreen Settings, or it will get bootloop.
Any possible idea to join those two mods, i like N9QT, but i missed to change my homescreen background, and if its there, change the operator name.
Anyway, you both guys works awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to efion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by efion View Post
@Vesuri & @Schturman

I'm sorry if i missread this,
in the N9QTweak by Schturman says do not install Vesuri's Homescreen Settings, or it will get bootloop.
Any possible idea to join those two mods, i like N9QT, but i missed to change my homescreen background, and if its there, change the operator name.
Anyway, you both guys works awesome!
This is false, I use tweak A and Homescreen settings, no problems so far...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Efion, you can use HSS and N9QT, just don't use rotation option from tweak A and B, and don't change background from tweak W.. And you will be fine. I need update wiki and pdf about this

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post: