Is there any way to make the N810 stay lit at all time? I am making a gps application that need the screen to stay lit. I am using python and gtk.

Yours,

I asked this question previously:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53066

The answer is to change the value set in gconf (basically a registry). You can do this with GUI via gconf-editor (you need to install this) or via CLI by passing parameters to the gconftool-2 command. The issue is that the changes will not occur until reboot. That's the big problem and I don't know of a work-around. Note the values will change immediately but will not be "in effect" until reboot.

PHP Code:
/system/osso/dsm/display/display_blank_timeout 
and
PHP Code:
/system/osso/dsm/display/display_dim_timeout 
change the values for both to something like 99999999 (seconds)

Code:
gconftool-2 --set /system/osso/dsm/display/display_blank_timeout --type integer "99999999";
gconftool-2 --set /system/osso/dsm/display/display_dim_timeout --type integer "99999999";
There are other things you can do of course but this probably the simplest solution.

Then later you can go to the GUI drop-down:
HTML Code:
 Application Menu>Settings>Control Panel>Display and LEDs>Display>Brightness period: [10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, custom interval]
and
HTML Code:
 Application Menu>Settings>Control Panel>Display and LEDs>Display>Switch off display: [30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, custom interval]

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
Is there any way to make the N810 stay lit at all time? I am making a gps application that need the screen to stay lit. I am using python and gtk.
Calling osso_display_blanking_pause() (a little more often than) once a minute should do the trick. See API.