Active Topics

hi i'm new to maemo so please bear with me ><!
i've just started using my N770 and i've set it up and everything and set up my gmail account so i can chat and stuff. but whenever i set my presence to 'on' it just says 'authentication failed' so i can't chat. it's just for the chat though because i can still go on the internet.
does anyone know how to fix this?
thank you!

Last edited by opkw; 2010-01-06 at 00:51.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
The first bit of advice is to change the Title of your thread to something that tells other members what problem you are trying to solve. You could make it "Problem with chat authentication" instead of "help with my N770!" Then maybe somebody who actually knows about chat authentication will look at your post and try to help you.

A title like the one you chose sends a message that you can't be bothered to think. If you had thought about your post, you would not have chosen such an unhelpful title. You will find as a rule that other members don't want to get involved with anyone who can't be bothered to think, and who expect someone else to do all the work.

As a matter of fact, I know nothing about chat and I can't help you with your authentication problem. But I hope that this advice will help you to use the forum more intelligently.