Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by raily View Post
the ads on www.spon.de are blocked now too, but the header is gone also
Can you get me a screenshot? It looks perfect here.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
here it is: http://flickr.com/gp/47243093@N05/B7Z4nj

you have to wait until the page is fully loaded, then the read header disappears and you get what you see on the screenshot.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
here it is: http://flickr.com/gp/47243093@N05/B7Z4nj

you have to wait until the page is fully loaded, then the read header disappears and you get what you see on the screenshot.
I think I've got a fix for it in the upcoming version, 1.0.0-4. Give it a shot when it's ready in a few minutes and let me know how it goes.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I definitely will, but it would be nice if you could announce a new release here when it is in extras-devel, because I activate it only temporarily for downloading your program.

I definitely will, but it would be nice if you could announce a new release here when it is in extras-devel, because I activate it only temporarily for downloading your program.
Well, I've announced it when I put it into the autobuilder and it came out the other side. Should be less than an hour after I post at most.

I've just promoted adflashblock-css to Extras-Testing. Let me know what you think if you try it out... and if you see anything that looks wrong like a false positive or an ad that slipped through, let me know and I'll try to get it killed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
it is very noce tool , so thank you
it has blocked very good , just perfect for some x-rated contend =)))
but ... on youtube i havenīt seen that thing, i must click on , so it turnes it on ... how can i disable it for some sites ???
it would be realy nice if i could manage some rules , so some sites will nior be blocked ... =)))

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
zerojay, thanks for your hard work on this project!

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question, but what will adflashblock-css do that is different than periodically updating my /etc/hosts file with localhost data from here? (other than the obvious that modifying the /etc/hosts files is not for a UNIX neophyte.)

The Following User Says Thank You to speednut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by speednut View Post
zerojay, thanks for your hard work on this project!

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question, but what will adflashblock-css do that is different than periodically updating my /etc/hosts file with localhost data from here? (other than the obvious that modifying the /etc/hosts files is not for a UNIX neophyte.)
It doesn't really do anything for you except flashblock then. It's meant to be more for people who don't want to deal with setting that up. I was planning on integrating it as well, but at this point, it's working so well alone that I don't even need it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by razialo View Post
it is very noce tool , so thank you
it has blocked very good , just perfect for some x-rated contend =)))
but ... on youtube i havenīt seen that thing, i must click on , so it turnes it on ... how can i disable it for some sites ???
it would be realy nice if i could manage some rules , so some sites will nior be blocked ... =)))
Give me sites you would like to see whitelisted aside from youtube... either here or if they are of a... ahem... personal nature, send me a PM with the links and I'll see what I can do.

Tags
adblock, flashblock, microb