Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
ClipMan is a small but powerful Clipboard Manager for your N900, N9, N950 and MeeGo Tablet.

Nokia N900:

Nokia N9 / N950:

MeeGo Tablet:

This application stores, if currently running, all text based clipboard content in a small database. You're able to scroll thru the list, see the history and you're anytime able to put something back to the clipboard to use it again.

If you’re working on a bigger document, on the command line or if you’re dealing with some script or python sourcecode, you should keep running THIS Application in the backround. You have not to think about, if you still have something in the clipboard that could be useful in the future or not.
If you finished your current project you're able to empty the Database and clear all collected Data to ensure a fast Clipboard Manager and to protect your own privacy.

You can find it currently at Maemo Extras (Nokia N900), the Nokia OVI Store (Nokia N9 and N950) or at Intels AppUp Store for MeeGo tablet.
Enjoy but as always at your own risk.

If you test the beta version from Maemo-Extras the usual warning applies:
The software hosted in extras-devel is not ready for normal users!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't play with it unless you really know what you are doing. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.
Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!

Don't play with Extras-devel if you haven't backed up your data or aren't prepared to re-flash your device.
This Application is now in a very stable stage and it works so far without big problems. But still, don't forget to create a backup (just in case). I only want to share my little application and hope it will break noting that is important for you. But I'm very confident and hope for a lot of positive feedback!

If you're unsure please use the stable version of this Application from extras. This version should work very save. And don't forget to vote for the version at extra-testing!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2011-11-23 at 22:18. Reason: updated the first post because of the new N9 version

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Looks good, this would be killer if you ran a deamon on startup to capture the clipboards, and had a power menu shortcut to start clipman when your in need of some text to recopy.

will download and give some feed back soon
Thanks alot

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
I'll be happy to test. Nice idea. I use this feature a lot on my PC. Great work!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Helex,

It's good, and definitely worth a donation, which I will get to you as soon as possible.

What is the text box at the bottom for?

Why would you want or allow a person to tap the button on the right if there was nothing in the clipboard? I noticed when I clicked it it added a EMPTY save.

Is there a way of removing a clip from the list? (e.g. the EMPTY save).

I think the icon doesn't really mean anything. What is it?

I can see this being very useful for recording web urls that I visit and rather than bookmark them immediately, save them in the clipboard manager... that is one use I can definitely see already.

Mike
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
Looks good, this would be killer if you ran a deamon on startup to capture the clipboards, and had a power menu shortcut to start clipman when your in need of some text to recopy.
Yes, you're right. This was my initial Idea, too. (expect the power menu shortcut - good hint)
But I currently don't know how to create a background daemon and I don't have any experience how much load would this application cause. The current way how it works is much safer. If you don't need it simply don't start it.
I will try to investigate how a daemon could be possible for my small tool. But first I have several other stuff on my to-do-list.
Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I'll be happy to test. Nice idea. I use this feature a lot on my PC. Great work!
Thanks! I'm using ditto on my PC. Unintelligible why something like that is not integrated in the system directly. The "Office Clipboard" is a strange pice of [...] - okay, the end of my english knowledge. Indescribable what defective Ideas some big companies have...

It's good, and definitely worth a donation, which I will get to you as soon as possible.
Always welcome!

Could never compensate all the time and work that is needed to learn a programming language and to create such a Application. But it is a very good kind of motivation to keep going and a sign that I'm creating something really useful for to community.

What is the text box at the bottom for?
It shows the content of the element you have selected at the list from the top. In the list you have only a preview. If the text is to long you need the text box at the bottom.

Additionally you're able to select a specific part or edit the text before you copy it again to the clipboard using [CTRL]+[C]
Normally you have only to press the button at the right to put the clip to the clipboard without changes. But sometimes you have selected simply to much. (from a webpage at example)

Why would you want or allow a person to tap the button on the right if there was nothing in the clipboard?
It's currently simply not checked if it makes sense to press the button or not. But it doesn't break anything to press it if the list is empty.

I noticed when I clicked it it added a EMPTY save.
The Application adds at the startup the current content from the clipboard to the list. If the clipboard is currently empty it adds a EMPTY to the list. I will fix this later.

Is there a way of removing a clip from the list? (e.g. the EMPTY save).
At the moment it's only possible to erase the whole content from the database.

I'm not sure if I add the possibility to delete single items or the possibility to protect several items and erase the whole list except the protected items. I'm currently not sure...

I think the icon doesn't really mean anything. What is it?
Thats two arrows pointing in different directions... something to "share" or to "exchange"...

I used google images to find something that could inspire me to a meaningful icon and additionally something that I'm able to draw myself...

A hard task for me. And the icon should fit to future features I have currently in my mind. But suggestions are welcome!

I can see this being very useful for recording web urls that I visit and rather than bookmark them immediately, save them in the clipboard manager... that is one use I can definitely see already.
I had sometimes the case that I have copied a link or a text to the clipboard and my N900 ran out of battery... (also a pain)

Last edited by helex; 2011-05-06 at 22:26.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Finally a so damn wanted clipboard manager. Endlich, die Rettung für mein ständiges copy & paste!

Edit:
Code:
Selecting previously deselected package clipman.
(Reading database ... 58685 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking clipman (from .../clipman_0.0.3-1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke 'if [ -x /usr/sbin/docpurge ]; then /usr/sbin/docpurge; else exit 0; fi'
E: Sub-process returned an error code
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2011-05-07 at 16:34.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Nevermind, fixed by a reboot.

:cheers:

J4ZZ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Finally a so damn wanted clipboard manager. Endlich, die Rettung für mein ständiges copy & paste!
Glad to find someone with the same needings. I hope this first release helps a bit.
Suggestions how to improve it are welcome...

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Nevermind, fixed by a reboot.
Good to hear. I had no idea, never seen this error before: "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"
Good that a reboot fixed it. Hope it works now fine...

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
WOW! Thanks a lot for your Donation.

I made a small update with the wanted feature to remove a single clip from the list and several other minor and major bugfixes.
It doesn't ask. I thought it could get too annoying while you clean up your Clipboard List. So please use the wastebin button at your own risk if you want to store important data in this application.

The additional button below the wastebin is currently not working. It's for a feature I'm currently planing to develop. (together with the daemon)
So stay tuned...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: