Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
I have not looked at the video, but I found the following problems from the screenshot you have captured:

1) There isn't bnep* interface created, that means PAN is not established. Your TP must create the bnep* interface when PAN is established, otherwise there wouldn't have any connection between TP and N900. Please take a look into it, as you must make sure your TP has PAN.

2) It makes sense when the bnep* was not created, there wouldn't have any routing between them. However, I also found in the routing table that the default routing is pointing to eth0, what is it? (WiFi or your local area network?) Note that you can't have two default routing, if you choose to tether to N900.

Thanks for your prompt response 9000.

I have tried with the PAN running and connecting to n900 but there was no bnep* still, I will actually try to start it as follows, not sure if it works but will try and post back

dhclient bnep0

eth0 is for LAN, i try with this closed.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Thanks for your prompt response 9000.

I have tried with the PAN running and connecting to n900 but there was no bnep* still, I will actually try to start it as follows, not sure if it works but will try and post back

dhclient bnep0

eth0 is for LAN, i try with this closed.
NP, I'm glad to help.

First of all you must make sure TP can establish PAN. N900 is a rare beast that can do that with minimum effort, but it might be different in other platform. You must first figure it out how PAN can be established in TP, not by some GUI click-and-drag, may be it needs to run some process like pand. You must figure it out yourself by searching and asking in TP's forums.

After that, things would be much easier.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
NP, I'm glad to help.

First of all you must make sure TP can establish PAN.
There is no PAN/DUN support on TP it seems from forums and I would not how to get one. Anyways thanks for your response again.

There is an application that was primarily built for pre handsets to act as hotspot and it allows to chose from PAN Tethering Eneble or disable therefore I was thinking that it will be possible.

Also, some wiki page suggested that they are working on porting Bluez to HP TP, I will wait till that happens

Hi there,

My situation is the following:

I want to tether my Dell Streak 7 with Android Honeycomb to my N900 over bluetooth. To use my N900 as modem.
But I have the problem that i can't see a profile like "use for Internet Access" at bluetooth entry for my N900. It works perfect with a stupid Sony Erricsson K800i to have internet on the Dell.
With an Archos 32 internet tablet with Android 2.2 the n900 will be seen and works perfectly.

Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Hi there,

My situation is the following:

I want to tether my Dell Streak 7 with Android Honeycomb to my N900 over bluetooth. To use my N900 as modem.
But I have the problem that i can't see a profile like "use for Internet Access" at bluetooth entry for my N900. It works perfect with a stupid Sony Erricsson K800i to have internet on the Dell.
With an Archos 32 internet tablet with Android 2.2 the n900 will be seen and works perfectly.
I read somewhere that you might have to run "ifconfig bnep0 down" and "dhcpcd bnep0" in the terminal for Streak 7. Similarly for Toshiba Thrive. You may work in this direction.

It's amazing to know that Archos 32 works with my PAN script anyway. Thanks for your information.

is it possible to use the desktop pc internet (which is connected by broadband) in my N900 in any way? i dont hav a router.just want to try it. aany help guys?
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
is it possible to use the desktop pc internet (which is connected by broadband) in my N900 in any way? i dont hav a router.just want to try it. aany help guys?
Yes, but you must find out how to share the internet on your PC first (establish internet routing), which you must work it out yourself. I will show you how to modify my script to use your PC's internet then.

Yes, but you must find out how to share the internet on your PC first (establish internet routing), which you must work it out yourself. I will show you how to modify my script to use your PC's internet then.
like i can establish internet routing in my pc without having a router or any adaptor? ok i will try to find out that one.just correct me if i am wrng. -- i will find out how to share my pc internet without adaptor or router? if i can find that one.then the problem is solved. y is the script needed then?
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
like i can establish internet routing in my pc without having a router or any adaptor? ok i will try to find out that one.just correct me if i am wrng. -- i will find out how to share my pc internet without adaptor or router? if i can find that one.then the problem is solved. y is the script needed then?
As long as your PC can route internet traffic, you don't need my script when they are in the same PAN (as in same LAN). All you have to do is to set the default routing in N900. I thought I could automate this process by modification my script, but you could just do it manually.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-10-07 at 01:40.

I read somewhere that you might have to run "ifconfig bnep0 down" and "dhcpcd bnep0" in the terminal for Streak 7. Similarly for Toshiba Thrive. You may work in this direction.

It's amazing to know that Archos 32 works with my PAN script anyway. Thanks for your information.
First of all for the archos32 I do not need any script. It works with the application bluetooth dial up networkingon the n900.
If I do "ifconfig bnep0 down" the answer is "error: SIOCGFFLAGS (No such device) " and the installed ifconfig can't list all the devices

Tags
bluetooth-pan, tethering